PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point BA with SW Allies

Falconjab
02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey all...
Started Blood Angels just before 6th Ed. dropped, and now I'm looking for a way to revamp my planned mech list. Instead, I'm going to run a couple assault squads with all sorts of supporting infantry units. Tactics will come after the list.

PRIMARY DETACHMENT -

HQ:
Librarian with Jump Pack, Force Sword, Divination (125)

Elites:
Sanguinary Priest, Jump Pack, Power Axe (90)

Troops:
Assault Squad x10, 2x Meltaguns, Power Fist (235)

Assault Squad x10, 2x Meltaguns, Power Fist (235)

6x Scouts, Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks, Missile Launcher (116)

Death Company x10, 7 w/ Bolters, 3 Power Swords, Drop Pod (280)

Heavy Support:
Devastators x5, 4x Missile Launchers (130)

Devastators x5, 4x Missile Launchers (130)

ALLIED DETACHMENT [Space Wolves] -

HQ:
Rune Priest, Terminator Armor, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf (120)

Elites:
Wolf Guard x2, Terminator Armor, Power Fists (86)

Troops:
Grey Hunters x10, 2x Plasmaguns, Wolf Banner (170)

Grey Hunters x10, 2x Plasmaguns, Wolf Banner (170)

Heavy Support:
Long Fangs x5, 4x Missile Launchers (115)

[B] TOTAL: 2002 Points

Obviously, I'm going to have to trim a couple points off this list. The general plan is to deep strike the assault squads, along with the Librarian and Sanguinary Priest, drop the Death Company into a weak point in my opponent's lines, and infiltrate the scouts into a position with solid lines of sight. Everything else will be deployed on my side, and the Wolf Guard will split between the two Grey Hunter squads. The Rune Priest will join one of the squads and use his runic weapon as psychic defense, while simultaneously packing some psyker firepower. Both Grey Hunter squads will defend my objectives and my Devastator squads.

The list has 76 models, which will cause a lot of problems for most armies. Infantry saturation will also force opponents to make hard decisions; really the clear choice to kill is my Death Company, but they're mostly included to sow havoc on the first turn and rapid fire an exposed squishy unit. Grey Hunters are cheap and effective tactical troops, and all of my missile launchers are going to cause people headaches.

Biggest downsides to this list: flyer defense (12x missile launchers, even with snap-shot, could get the job done in two turns against one flyer; still a problem), AV 14 (although I have enough power fists and melta guns, which I'm hoping will be enough), and mobility (my assault squads help here, but I'm still mostly foot-slogging; however, I have enough models to minimize this particular downside).

I'd love some feedback on this list, and I'm definitely up for discussion. Aka I won't rage if you find any glaring problems or miscalculations. Thanks, all.