PDA

View Full Version : Before I make the models...

BatMarine
02-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey guys, I'm planning a big conversion army of Salamanders counts as Space wolves using a ton of Lizarmen parts, with Cold One riders, LM melee weapons, the serpentine totem banners from the LM in place of Wolf Banners, and temple guard shields for Storm Shields, possible trophies... You get the idea.

My question then, before I make the Cold One Riders, is what exactly is the preferred load out for Thunderwolf Cavalry (Thunderlizard...)? I'm sure there's a shield and a hammer or something in there, but I wanna get a consensus before I commit to it you know?

spaceman91
02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
One can have hammer and shield. The others can only take one choice between hammers, bolters, shields and a frost blade. I run a one with shield+FB ( at the front ) the other two i give bolters to ( they are relentless after all ).

BatMarine
02-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Actually it says only one can get a special close combat weapon. I was thinking about a Frost Blade, but now in 6th it seems like it might be better to have a hammer or fist instead to get some reliable ap 2 in there, or a wolf claw to get the re-rolls to hit maybe...