PDA

View Full Version : dark angels company veteran squad question

CiaphasCaine
02-04-2013, 05:00 PM
So i was looking at the company veteran squad and it confuses me that there does not seem to be a way to have a chainsword and a plasma pistol but you can have a plasma pistol and bolt pistol at the same time. Why does the plasma pistol take the place of the bolter instead of the bolt pistol?

Roma89q
02-04-2013, 05:20 PM
You can now. Check the GW FAQ for Dark Angels. Top of page 2, you'll notice a change in the wording for chainsword exchange. Though a plasma pistol and bolt pistol will achieve the same effect as the chainsword/pp, except you gain gunslinger with pp/bp!

CiaphasCaine
02-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Awesome thanks for that. I know that they would be the same thing in game but its more of an asthetics thing. Im returning to 40k after years off, what is gunslinger?

Nabterayl
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Gunslinger is the new basic rule (don't have my BRB handy, but check under Pistols in the ranged weapon type section) that allows any model with two pistols to fire both in the shooting phase, in contravention of the normal rule that a model can only shoot one weapon. So plasma pistol + bolt pistol is now better than or equal to plasma pistol + chainsword in every way.

CiaphasCaine
02-04-2013, 05:40 PM
well damn as much as I hate how having 2 ranged weapons would look I would feel silly giving up an additional ranged attack