PDA

View Full Version : Sod off, do gooder!

Mr Mystery
02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
How do?

Another quicky as once again I'm on my lunch....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21287000

Seems some goon from the 'National Obesity Forum' (no, me either) has decided that we grown adults simply cannot be trusted and as such something clearly intended as a challenge, rather than a dietary requirement should be banned...

WELL STUFF YOU! I don't need you, Mr Professor Pants, to tell me when something is a bloody silly idea. I can work that out all by myself. And even so, I am sorely tempted to take a road trip to measure myself against this behemoth.

Now, when it comes to things like smoking, where the industry apparently knew for a while it was detrimental to health, or alcohol, where helping people understand just how much they are drinking, then fine. That stuff isn't/wasn't immediately knowable.

But over eating? Really? Really really?? Are you honestly telling me we need a Forum to figure out why people are increasingly becoming big fatty boombooms? Because you know, I'd have put it down to increasingly sedantry lifestyles with little to no adjustment in calories consumed.

But to try and ban something, when pretty much anyone, even the fattiest of big fatty boombooms (like Eamonn Holmes for instance) could tell you they know it's not good for them? You just crossed a line matey. Better run away!

Wolfshade
02-04-2013, 09:39 AM
It is a vicious circle, people do not behave like responsible adults because they do not suffer the consequences of when they do. If a person drop sout of school at 15 and are kicked out of home the governemnt arranges for a house for them to live in and provides them with an income and a range of other benefits.
If the person was to have to live in a commune and provided with "sufficent" food and clothes but only if they did enough work they might learn the value of something. Although, reading that back it seems a little slave labour-ish.
But this is it, the cause and effect. The cause is that I eat too much the effect is that I get fat, but, it is not my responsiblitiy because someone should have stopped me. But it's ok, I am having a gastric band installed and lipo suction followed by skin removal all at the cost to the NHS. I've got myself in this situation but it's ok because I don't need to be responsible to get back to normal because someone else can do it for me. (Though I've just worked out I can liquidise a 14" pizza and drink that...)

Deadlift
02-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Wow, I would love a go at that fry up. Amazing. £15 it's a bargain.

Mr Mystery
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
As would I! But I don't require Professor Arsebrain to tell me eating a brekkie the weight of a child is no good for me!

Still want to try it!

Wildeybeast
02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Actually that could be pretty dangerous. An eight-egg omelette is going to bung you up for a week and with that monster stuck in your digestive system it ain't going to be pretty. Some sort of tongue in cheek 'elf & safety notice along the lines of 'abandon hope all ye who eat this' would seem like a sensible compromise.

Mr Mystery
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Simply counter act with a couple of bowls of All Bran that evening. Job jobbed.

No need to ban. Obviously bad ideas tend to be pretty obvious!

Deadlift
02-04-2013, 02:09 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=m9FRSghXhDM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dm9FRSghXhDM&gl=GB

Another monster meal ;)

Lasagne made with burgers.

Psychosplodge
02-04-2013, 05:42 PM
if i could swap out the stuff i don't eat for more sausage/bacon and hash browns i could probably do it

eldargal
02-04-2013, 11:41 PM
I think I could eat more than half of it and I'm fairly sure my father could finish one.:rolleyes: I think perhaps a notice would be reasonable enough, it is a huge amount of food. But banning it is just ridiculous.

Wolfshade
02-05-2013, 02:51 AM
I say give it to them, this genepool needs some chlorine

Brakkart
02-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Yeah this is just typical over reaction by the PC crowd. A warning/health notice is quite sufficient and I've watched the clip about this on the BBC News site and the owner says that it is a challenge and obviously not something to be eaten regularly.

I would love a go at it though I'd hate having to eat the tomatoes. Surprised there's only 2 hash browns in it but I suppose they belong more to an American cooked breakfast than a full English one.