PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbirds are GO!

alshrive
02-04-2013, 09:19 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21321230

this needed sharing! Thunderbirds is coming back to our screens! YES!

Wolfshade
02-04-2013, 09:22 AM
I am concerned as Thunderbirds was awesome,

alshrive
02-04-2013, 09:23 AM
i know, i share your concern but still! you have to hope!

Mr Mystery
02-04-2013, 09:26 AM
No.

No no no.

Just repeat the original. No need for this. No need, nor call. Except the call of cashmonies.

DrLove42
02-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I am equally concerned, especially now the main guy with the vision is gone.

Case in point - that live action film from a few years back. Fething terrible

alshrive
02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
as far as I am aware though he had already put a lot of the new series in place and put it all down. I am sure people had the same qualms with Star Trek post Roddenberry but Majel took over and did him justice! hopefully someone will do Gerry justice!

alshrive
02-04-2013, 09:30 AM
I am equally concerned, especially now the main guy with the vision is gone.

Case in point - that live action film from a few years back. Fething terrible

yes it is moronic that Star Trek survived post Roddenberry but then a Star Trek actor went and Murdered Thunderbirds :(

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-04-2013, 09:36 AM
I really think these sort of shows were a product of their time period and as such should be left in the past, the designs/look as well as the whole fact they were puppets was what made them so interesting in the first place, at least for me as a kid (and I saw them growing up in the 90's), so i don't really see the point of this personally, I bet if you showed the old ones to kids nowadays they'd think they were just as cool as me and my buds did.

Deadlift
02-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Didn't like the original, not a fan of puppets like this at all. Just never caught my imagination and as a kid I found the shows just plain boring. However I can see this working especially with the CGI element. The premise behind Thunderbirds was cool, for me I found the show one big yawn-a-thon.

If I'm going to watch puppets, then it's got to be a Jim Henson production, can't go wrong with muppets in my book.

DrLove42
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I always consider some things sacred and should never be redone. I always ranked Thunderbirds in that category.

It'd be like remaking the original Indiana Jones. Or Back to the Future. or Casablanca. It just shouldn't be done!

Wildeybeast
02-04-2013, 12:21 PM
It'd be like remaking the original Indiana Jones. It just shouldn't be done!

They did. They shouldn't have. Yet another reason Lucas makes the list.