PDA

View Full Version : All Khorne Bloodletter Horde 2500

shadow
02-03-2013, 05:05 AM
hey everyone here is a daemons army that ive started doing thats a bit different and was wondering if there was any thing you guys would change to make it better.

Bloodthirster
armour of Khorne
immortal fury
dark insanity

skulltaker

Herald of Khorne
Juggernaught
armour of khorne
firestorm blade
BSB
Great Standard of Sundering

Herald of Khorne
Juggernaught
armour of khorne

Herald of Khorne
Juggernaught
armour of khorne
firestorm blade

bloodletters x 39
champion
standard bearer
musician
banner of eternal war

Bloodletters x 26
standard bearer
musician

bloodletters x 25
champion
standard bearer
musician

Chronowraith
02-03-2013, 10:08 AM
It's hard to comment on the army because you have such a narrow focus. In other words, there are few suggestions to be made since you obviously want an all bloodletter army... but... I'll try...

The list is somewhat centrally focused and relies on a gimmick of three heralds on juggers to scare people. This only works once you reach close combat and only because people are forced to allocate attacks to what they are in base-to-base with. Will it work? Depends on what your opponent has. A dwarf gunline will each them up pretty quickly (the 5+ ward is nice but against 3-4 war machines they simply won't last). You are also light in the unit department with only 3 real unit of infantry (and thus easily outflanked). The biggest problem is that the list actually doesn't work because you have too many points in the hero category (roughly 30% instead of 25%). While in the past they were allowed more hero slots than other armies, they follow the standard rules for army creation now (as far as I remember).

Suggestions?

Drop the two cheapest jugger heralds and use the points to buy some bloodcrushers.

Also, buy a cheap herald of khorne on foot and make him your BSB instead of your jugger herald and stick him in a unit of bloodletters.

Break up the bloodletter units so you have at least 4 units. I wouldn't make any of them smaller than 15 but probably not larger than 30 either.

If it doesn't break your list theme up too much, I'd consider taking whatever leftover points you have and buying a unit of Flesh Hounds.

So the list would look like the following if I do my math right...

GReater Daemon (Dark Insanity, Armor of Khorne, Immortal Fury)
Skulltaker
Herald on Jugger (Firestorm Blade & Armor of Khorne)
Herald BSB (BSB & standard of sundering)
Bloodletters x30 (Full Command)
Bloodletters x20 (Full Command)
Bloodletters x20 (Full Command)
Bloodletters x20 (full command)
Bloodcrushers x3 (musician and standard only)

That works out to exactly 2500 points.

Alternatively you can drop a unit of bloodletters and use some fleshhounds (you should be able to get 7 with enough points left over to buy a banner of endless war for your large bloodletter unit).

shadow
02-04-2013, 12:15 AM
thanks for the quick response, i want my army to be all khorne it doesnt really matter to me which units are in it as long as there is a blood thirster and bloodletter horde.i was thinking of running a couple of large units of hounds. so if i was to start from scratch what would you suggest to be in the army