PDA

View Full Version : Don't leave home without it?

The West Coast Knight
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
So this is the BIG question tell us all the one unit in your collection you always like to use and why?
The one you will put into every game no matter the points size you are playing that day.
Next what is your favorite piece of Wargear and why you don't leave home without it?

WCK

Aldramelech
10-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Mortar Squad.

Cheap, effective arty. Kills things and slows things down by pinning them.

Miggidy Mack
10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Grey Knight Grand Master. I have yet to see him fail to be awesome.

Xas
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
primaris psyker.

the reason why you dont need punisher gatling cannons...

and he can fry vehicles up to dreadnough size as well!

and is quite good in cc compared to other guard modells.

BrotherAlpharius
10-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Chaos Marine/Tactical Marine/Guardsman/Fire Warrior/Plague Marine depending on army.

This may seem obvious since the Troops choices are compulsory but I really do think that they are the essential element. I'll mix and match all of the other areas of the army and vary them but I never skimp on Troops as they are the backbone of an army and always have been for me, even before fifth edition.

Brosef Stalin
10-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Terminator Librarian! Yaaay.

Denzark
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
My mum. Oh sorry what unit? Barzag the axe-merchant and his squad of uber-killers. Blood for the Blood Fairy

Lord Azaghul
10-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Mortar Squad.

Cheap, effective arty. Kills things and slows things down by pinning them.

Amen. My very favorate gaurd HW...

My opponents cry everytime they seem 'em, SM, Orks, Other Guard, SM... doesn't seem to matter much, almost always makes its points back too!

Psychosplodge
10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I used to always use my 10 man devastator squad with plasma cannons and attached tech marine.
Could quite easily decimate a unit a turn...

imperialsavant
10-27-2009, 06:22 PM
;)
For my Sisters: Cannoness with Blessed Weapon, Book of St Lucius & Cloak.
For Black Templars: 10 strong Assault Squad with Jump Packs, Power Weapon & Flamer accompanied by Chaplain with Power Weapon & Orb of Antioch!
Valhallan IG: Caiphius Cain (Lord Commisar) with Power Chainsword accompanied by Jurgen with Melta Gun & Psychic Hood. (he, Jurgan, is a Blunt after all) :p

DarkLink
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Grey Knight Grand Master. I have yet to see him fail to be awesome.

Heck, yeah (though I normally use a cheap Brother Captain).

Generally, Land Raiders are in every single one of my lists. The last time I played with only one was during some of my homebrew (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=29918#post29918) rules test games, as I had more viable options.

eldargal
10-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Howling Banshees.

Lerra
10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Dark Angels Apothecary <3

Ignore one failed save of any type within 6". Try putting three of them next to each other and watch your opponent go crazy.

Kall3m0n
10-27-2009, 09:38 PM
For orks: Zogwort
For Tau: Railhead (and FW because I have to. :/ )

Commissar Lewis
10-27-2009, 10:20 PM
My Catachan grenade launcher girl, Corporal Vasquez. No matter what, she's always in my army. And usually last to die.

Sam
10-27-2009, 10:53 PM
For IG: Lemun Russ Battle Tank - Long range, great armor, and it tends to kill whatever I care to point it at.

For Orks: The Nob Squad- No bikes, just a full squad with painboy, WAAAGH! banner, and 9 PKs. It may not be the most cost effective set up, but whatever it hits is dead, and it's a scoring unit.

For Nids: THE GODFEX- 248pts of carnifex. It may kill something during the game, or it may not, doesn't matter because either way my opponent threw a disproportionate amount of fire at it.

For Chaos: Possessed. I like the randomness, and they very rarely let me down ( though they tend to roll scouts a bit more than I would like). Oh right, and I love the models.

For Space Wolves: Fenrisian Wolves. They're fast, cheap, and fairly killy, the first time I used them they ate two land speeders and four or five marines, and I only had six of them!

EmperorEternalXIX
10-28-2009, 02:20 AM
There is only one unit in the SM codex that is this useful: My 7-man Terminator Squad on foot. With two lightning claws and the rest hammershields...wound allocation tricks let me walk these guys across the board and they absorb a ton of fire.

Wolfshade
10-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Death company a.k.a. Fire Magnet Team Alpha!

Blood for the B...wait...Emperor

N0rdicNinja
10-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Scarabs! Necrons as a whole might have taken a hit from 5th edition, but these little buggers have become extremely useful! =)

The West Coast Knight
10-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Some interesting replies so far but what about your favorite wargear what piece of kit do you always take?

WCK

eadipus
10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
multi-trackers

compulsory tau awesomeness

Scoota
10-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Nids unit I always take: 10 base Ripper brood with spine-fists and +1 BS. Always underestimated by my opponent.