PDA

View Full Version : oh dear ive not posted in a long time have i , oh well GO WATCH DREDD NOW.

fuzzbuket
02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
LIKE RIGHT NOW.

DREDD 3D ( i think its out on DVD? )

ITS GOT GUNS

ITS GOT EXPLOSIONS

ITS GOT VIOLENCE

ITS GOT EXPLOSIONS

ITS GOT BADASSERY

ITS GOT PSYCIC POWERS

ITS GOT EXPLOSIONS

IT DOSNT HAVE ANY ****TY LOVE STORY STUCK IN TO RUIN A GREAT SCI-FI (*glares at avatar*)

IT DOSNT HAVE A DEEP MORAL PLOT

IT HAS EXPLOSIONS
IT ISNT TONED DOWN FOR A 12A CERT

ITS GOT EXPLOSIONS

ITS GOT GORE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYY

10/10
-dead serious and professional film reviewer fuzz

Mr Mystery
02-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Bee hatch please.

I was all over Dredd on it's cinematic release!

Such a satisfying film!

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-02-2013, 11:08 AM
I'd really like to see it but where can I legally buy and download a digital copy that doesnt involve me having to install turgid client software (like iTunes ect) and is DRM-free? EDIT : The official site doesnt even link to a proper digital-download but a "blu-ray with digital download" which is useless since I don't own a blu-ray player.

Deadlift
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Loved it, not quite how I would have liked to see Mega City 1 look, could have been a bit more futuristic and more inline with 2000ad's vision. But none the less, I loved it.

Brakkart
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Yeah watched it a couple weeks back and I was really impressed. Mega City One didn't look right outside, but it felt right once you were inside the block. The plot was simple, effective and didn't get in the way. Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby were superb as Dredd and a rookie Anderson, and Lena Heady made for a very good baddie. I would love to see a sequel with a bigger budget so that the city itself can be better showcased as it was my only gripe with the film, the Mega City just didn't look sci-fi enough, for one thing the massive blocks were spaced too far apart.

Mr Mystery
02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
The Block itself was spot on, but I agree the city wasn't quite claustrophobic enough.

Sadly, it didn't do too well at the box office (travesty if you ask me) so sequel depends entirely on DVD sales.

Houghten
02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
But did it have as much ham and cheese as the last one?

Mr Mystery
02-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Hell no.

Forget the first one. It never happened.

fuzzbuket
02-02-2013, 01:20 PM
i liked the set design for the previous one, just the writing was ****ing horrible.

Deadlift
02-02-2013, 01:53 PM
i liked the set design for the previous one, just the writing was ****ing horrible.

At least Dredd keeps his helmet on in this one :)

Dredd never takes his helmet off.

Mr Mystery
02-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Well he does. From time to time. But you never see his mush!

Just read some of the reviews... If people haven't read the source material, they seem inclined to miss the point....

For instance 'rather than portraying justice as blind, it seems to show Police without accountability'. Yeah. I facepalmed at that one... Guess the reviewer missed the 'we can respond to about 6% of crimes' bit......

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Only thing i liked about the first one was the ABC robot. Whatever you think of the first film, you cannot deny that the Robot was totally badass!

Deadlift
02-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah the "ABC Warriors" were another comic I really loved as a kid. Hammerstein and co were very cool, I would love to see a really good high budget "Rogue Trooper" movie.

Just watched the new Total Recall film and whilst its based in a different future, I have to say the cities really had that Mega feel to them. I enjoyed it very much.

fuzzbuket
02-02-2013, 04:16 PM
oh i liked the new total recall film as well its fantastic, the setting and CGI were impressive.