PDA

View Full Version : Fussy eaters....

Mr Mystery
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Another one! (on my lunch, and bored)....

Inspired by this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-21276078) article.

As you may have noticed from threads such as 'I love cooking, me!' I'm a bit of a foodie. Not too poncey mind, just a fan of good home made food. And thanks to Mum and Dad insisting I try lots of foods as a kid, I have a very wide palette (I'll eat pretty much anything. Only stuff I don't really like is Cauliflower). Yet I know people who turn their noses up at offall, and insist only on the best cuts of meat.

And that is just totally alien to me. Having been brought up to eat what was bloody well put in front of me, the thought of refusing fare is just...insane.

As a Scot I am of course a fan of Haggis. It's dead tasty. As for the ingredients? Just an honest sausage guv. And as such from a young age I've had no qualms about nose to tail eating.

But what about bugs and insects? I honestly don't see why not. I imagine the texture may be a little odd, but they seem to small to have much flavour of their own, and as such are a tempting prospect for the home cook.

How about you BolS? Are you particularly fussy? Anything you positively will not eat?

Wolfshade
01-31-2013, 09:21 AM
I do not eat lamb or fish. That is because I am a vegeterian ;) no, I just don't enjoy the taste of them.
I think we are a little picky with it, a friend of mine keeps pigs and eats everything he swears by the tongue. I've never tried it, but I want to but I am a little squimish about such things so I'm not sure if i would eat it.

Mr Mystery
01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
IF you eat sausages, chances are you've eaten the tongue already....

Tongue is very nice. Strong muscles, so loads of flavour, but takes a loooong time to cook. Plus you have to peel it. Which is unsettling.

DrLove42
01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm a picky eater.

And its going to sound idiotic when I say it. I don't eat Fruit or Veg. 95% I enjoy the taste of, but the texture makes me gag and retch and I can't physically eat them.

I eat sensibly around them and donj't splurge too much on junk, and maintain a perfect BMI on a 6'4" frame.

Psychosplodge
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm possibly the fussiest eater on here.

I don't eat fruit or veg.
or anything like curry, chilli etc where you can't really see what you're eating.

I thought you were short? :D

Godless Zealot
01-31-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm possibly the fussiest eater on here.

I could try and challenge you on that Mr. Splodge... a fellow supertaster?

Psychosplodge
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
lack of taste, so notice textures more...

Mr Mystery
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
BMI means Nowt.

According to it, I'm obese. Which whilst I do have a belly, is utter nonsense.

DrLove42
01-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Well i'm in perfect shape lets leave it at that then

Godless Zealot
01-31-2013, 09:41 AM
lack of taste, so notice textures more...

Ah right, yeah I have an issue with taste some foods just overpower my poor tongue, especially hot/spicy food....

Wolfshade
01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Well i'm in perfect shape lets leave it at that then

Round is a perfect shape.

"I'm not fat just short for my weight"

Wildeybeast
01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
I do not eat lamb or fish. That is because I am a vegeterian ;) no, I just don't enjoy the taste of them.
I think we are a little picky with it, a friend of mine keeps pigs and eats everything he swears by the tongue. I've never tried it, but I want to but I am a little squimish about such things so I'm not sure if i would eat it.

A wolf who doesn't eat lamb? How novel.

I eat pretty much anything. With 4 kids to feed, it was 'eat it or go hungry' in our house and none of us grew up fussy eaters. Interestingly, some of my siblings have become more fussy as they've got older, I'd assumed it was normally the other way round.

Gotthammer
01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm not a fussy eater, I just happen to have very refined tastes, thank you :p

Godless Zealot
01-31-2013, 12:45 PM

I'll have to use that phrase in the future...:)

Deadlift
01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
I will try anything once, only thing I can honestly say I don't like is aniseed. I have a reputation as being a bit of a carnivore who likes things a bit bloody :)
I am sure I should be in man v food.

Wolfshade
01-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Then do you also not like Fennel?

Deadlift
01-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Fennel, I'm ok with. It's a subtle flavour and more aromatic than pungent. Liquorice on the other hand I hate.

Wolfshade
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
I prefer bigger prey

eldargal
01-31-2013, 11:44 PM
I will eat anything once, and some things many, many times.

Brakkart
02-01-2013, 12:28 AM
I will eat anyone once, and some things many, many times.

Well it stands to reason that you can only eat someone once. Even so, never really pegged you for the cannibal type. You learn something new everyday.

eldargal
02-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Bah, that's what I get for posting early in the morning.:p Fixed.

Psychosplodge
02-01-2013, 02:24 AM

Well look it's only an ickle wolf...

*Yoink* stolen

Well it stands to reason that you can only eat someone once.
Only if you're doing it wrong...

Deadlift
02-01-2013, 02:38 AM
The F at the beginning of the title of this thread, looks like a P when using my iPhone to browse the forums. But that's a whole other topic I guess.

Psychosplodge
02-01-2013, 02:41 AM
More entertaining though...

Wolfshade
02-01-2013, 02:56 AM
I don't think we should be too harsh with these bulimic types

Wildeybeast
02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I prefer bigger prey

I warn you, we wildeybeast's are dangerous foes when roused. Those horns ain't just for show.

Wolfshade
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
I warn you, we wildeybeast's are dangerous foes when roused. Those horns ain't just for show.

so many jokes so little time. I'll leave it till you are feeling less horny...