PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Ark, double base

pnkfld7892
01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
The Ghost Ark kit comes with two skimmer bases, as I am magnetizing mine to go either GA/DA I was thinking of drilling a hole in the back crescent to add the second base for added stability. Would this be considered "Modelling for an Advantage?"

Ketharim
01-31-2013, 01:54 AM
As the base for this model has no real relevance in-game as you measure everything from the hull or the weapons, I would see the only advantage in the added stability ;)

walrusman999
01-31-2013, 07:10 AM
If anything it would be modeling for a disadvantage because you just increased the base of your own model. So even if someone wants to b**** about it just tell them that the bases are under the hull of the model regardless of how many you have there.

Mr Mystery
01-31-2013, 08:36 AM
Wouldn't really add stability I'm afraid.....

The peg points are about as evenly balanced as you can manage, without the post going somewhere awkward!

pnkfld7892
01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
^ hawkward XD.

But I was thinking it'd add stability in my situation since I'm magnetizing the "rib cage" to the crescent so it will be able to flip over and accept the Doomsday Cannon if i wish to play it that way. I was hoping the extra base would relieve some stress on the magnets.

walrusman999
01-31-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm not quite sure how the parts are designed for the DA, GA as i havent picked on up yet but if you are just magnetizing them so they can flip around then they shouldnt really be putting that much pressure on the magnets unless your magnets aren't very powerful. I magnetized the forgeworld Vendetta stuff to my Valkyries using 4 magnets (2 x 2) because with one they would sag and fall off easily, now I pretty much have to drop the valkyrie for them to come off.