PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels and Imperial Guard Alliance 1500pts

DoomMouse
01-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi, I'm trying to build a 1500pt competitive list for use at the battle brothers tournament. I'd like it to be a roughly even split of blood angels and guard using the allies system in the 6th edition rulebook. I have to admint I haven't played many games with the 6th edition rules, so if anyone could critique this list for me it would be great!

Blood Angels

Librarian (not sure whether to go with shield and lance or with divination) 100
Assault squad with meltagun in Las/Plas Razorback 165
Assault squad with meltagun in Las/Plas Razorback 165
Baal Predator with Heavy Bolter Sponsons 145
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannon Sponsons 135

Imperial Guard

Command Squad with 3 Meltaguns in Chimera 135
Psyker Battle Squad with 6 Psykers in Chimera 135
Veteran Squad with Heavy Bolter and Grenade Launcher in Chimera 140
Veteran Squad with Autocannon and Grenade Launcher in Chimera 140
Leman Russ Demolisher 165
Hydra 75

I'm not sure on a few things:

Do I need more anti air? I've never faced fliers yet with the new rules. Could maybe include a vendetta or an aegis line with quad gun.
Should I swap shield and lance for divination for the librarian?
The veteran squads seem a little underequipped, should I swap something out to give them more firepower?

walrusman999
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Vendetta would be a better option then the hydra since the vendetta can take down other flyers pretty easily. I question the qsyker battle squad as I have never seen much use for it. A primaris psyker would be better if you need it to get rid of other psyker abilities. With those two eliminated, you can field a vendetta with heavy bolters, and have 70 points left over to equip your veteran squads with 3 special weapons and your heavy weapon teams if you wanted. You ALWAYS take 3 special weapons on the veteran squads, the heavy weapons are optional. You have an offely large number of lascannons and melta to take out vehicles but you may have some issues killing fellow marines. Possibly look at filling the veteran squads with some plasma guns if you can afford it.

Falconjab
02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I agree with Walrusman999... vendettas are one of the best anti-air units in the game right now, points wise. They're very effective. And, it's a Fast Attack choice so you won't have two Heavy Support choices. Right now, your Leman Russ and Hydra are competing for your 1 Heavy Support slot from an allied detachment. I would also drop the battle squad and think about some special weapons for your veteran squads. I realize you have to take a heavy weapon but try and fit some Plasma Guns in there as well.