PDA

View Full Version : where o where could the obliterators have gone?

spaceman91
01-30-2013, 04:01 AM
I beg you loverly people to tell me im just going mad. I went in to my GW the other day and there weren't any in stock, this is fine i said i'll go get from and online shop with a discount but no the three i use have all removed them from thier listings. Now the only place i can find them is on GW's website. I know this isnt a problem as such but why is my question. why remove them form the store and why take them from the online retailers? Has this sort of thing happened before? Thank you for reading through my thoughts.

Wolfshade
01-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Hmm, curious.
Perhaps they aren't seeling well so they aren't being carried, does seem strange

spaceman91
01-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Perhaps they aren't selling well

i cant believe that. why would people not use then? they are mini tanks. but ( moan alert ) i know the price puts a lot of people off.( im not to fussed as its never been a cheap hobby ).

Daemonette666
01-30-2013, 04:20 AM
It looks like they have changed form the old single Pewter miniature to a box set of 3 Finecast/resin Obliterators. Maybe they will be releasing them to stockist later on. You know new stock numbers, having to fix air bubbles with finecast, etc.

I did notice that they have removed Doom rider from the Chaos Marines section of the collectables range in 40K.

Paulo187
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Considering how similar Obliterators look to Mutilators it is easy to see that they are intended to be made into a combo plastic kit in the (hopefully near) future. Releasing Mutilators and Obliterators in finecast is merely a stopgap measure to keep any third party companies from filling in the gap with their own versions. Just be a little patient, soon enough your local store will have some Obliterator/Mutilator plastic boxes on their shelf... Eventually.

JMichael
02-01-2013, 07:19 PM
GW.com says 2-3 weeks for dispatch on the finecast Obliterators.

Learn2Eel
02-09-2013, 07:58 PM
I noticed that both Obliterators and Mutilators are available in my local GW, but I think either - probably Mutilators - may be dropped soon dependent on new releases. This is usually just a store trying to fit new kits on their shelves, though I can't imagine Obliterators wouldn't be selling well.