PDA

View Full Version : a point on posts on this forum!

alshrive
01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
I am fed up, every time i log on now it is always the same. In the first ten threads on the 40k general discussion board there are at least 3 seperate threads about GW pricing policy! I am so tempted to go the way of TDA and just leave because honestly every time I log on hoping for a decent discussion about the Hobby all I am treated to is the same conversation being rehashed! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! If you are not happy about their pricing, fine, its understandable. Subjecting the rest of us to your misery however is not excusable. We have to put up with it as much as you, so bite your tongue and just shut up about the topic! /rant

Psychosplodge
01-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Maybe we could get it condensed to one stickied thread so it's always available at the top and then more easily ignored?

If only TDA was here...

Wolfshade
01-29-2013, 08:25 AM
There are 4 in the top 10 excluding the stickied.

May I suggest using the "New Posts" instead button.

I would also observe that one of those is not a "I am unhappy about the cost" thread and my own is a price analysis the likes of which I have not seen before and offers no opinion if the pricing structure is good/bad.

The price of our plastic miniatures is of fundamental importance to all of us whether it is that they are too expensive or not expensive enough, good value for money or bad. If the product becomes no longer value for money the there are less purchases, less sales, less GW profit, les GW investment into new products, shop closures and so the downward spiral continues.

alshrive
01-29-2013, 08:31 AM
my point is though that i do not understand how this can be such a constant conversation, or more to the point, restarted so frequently! The overall hobby content of this forum heavily lacks quite often with exception of a few (Blackadder and SotonShades spring to mind) and even I am guilty of it and I have concluded that enough is enough.

Gotthammer
01-29-2013, 08:36 AM
There's already a thread for complaining (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?27900-Get-your-frustration-out-here-folks!).

I would also observe that one of those is not a "I am unhappy about the cost" thread and my own is a price analysis the likes of which I have not seen before and offers no opinion if the pricing structure is good/bad.

Well mine's not about being unhappy at the cost, it's looking at why people are unhappy about the cost. I think a few people didn't click through and read the data I presented before responding.

Psychosplodge
01-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Come back to the Oubliette, at least you know you won't be getting hobby topics there...

There's already a thread for complaining (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?27900-Get-your-frustration-out-here-folks!).

Or the original rant thread

Doing my head in (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?23525-Doing-my-head-in&highlight=)

SotonShades
01-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Best way to hide them, begin more conversations on other topics! I do see your point though.

Wolfshade
01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Gott: I think so, arguably mine should have gone into one of the pre-existing ones.

Alshrive: I'm stripping my mini's as fast as I can (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?27672-Blood-Angels-3rd-Company-Ironhelms)

Caitsidhe
01-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Or just ignore threads where you see pricing is the topic? Nobody forces you (or me) to read any particular thread. I skip lots of them because I know they don't pertain to my interests. As another person pointed out, start some topics you think are worth talking about. Forums are about people getting up on their soapboxes, the "nutters" if you are from across the pond. I'm sure they all think their posts are just as relevant as you think yours will be.

imperialpower
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
As Caitsidhe has already said no one tells you to read a topic just ignore topics you have no intrest in, is that not just common sence?:confused:

Night System
01-29-2013, 02:08 PM
But...! The prices suck! And so it must be discussed and debated to nobodies general benefit!

lobster-overlord
01-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Shouldn't pricing be under the Corporate section anyway? Considering it's a discussion not of the game but of company policy? That way it can be mroe easily ignored.

Bigred
01-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes, any pricing conversations belong in Corporate - and that is whee they are going...

fuzzbuket
01-30-2013, 04:56 AM
has tda left :0 i leave you lot all for 10 mins and you all break the thing.
-_-

but yes can we please not go the way of dakka/warseer, i loved bols as it was small and friendly and everyone knew everyone, now its swarmed with repetitive questions , links to people blogs (without pics! if your going to link to your blog at least provide some pics!), moaners and pointless crap, as i visit here via the bols frontpage i find less and less to comment on (ive only posted a lot on the best thread ever..)

-fuzz

(dammit bols dont become large and ****e)

Gotthammer
01-30-2013, 10:55 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/hatersgonnahateGKgreyknightdreadknight.jpg

:cool:

or alternatively if my choice of topic doesn't interest y'all, you are free to talk about other stuff - there isn't a limit on numbers of threads that can be created per week or anything.

imperialpower
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
or alternatively if my choice of topic doesn't interest y'all, you are free to talk about other stuff - there isn't a limit on numbers of threads that can be created per week or anything.

But that would be the rational thing to do!:)

Wolfshade
01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Dancing dreadknight is adwabs!

Daemonette666
02-02-2013, 08:13 AM
When did TDA leave?

I checked my messages today and got a friends invite from him.

I thought he posted replies on a few threads today as well. Do you mean as an administrator, or has he just pulled out? His account still seems to be active, as I was able to look at his profile.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-02-2013, 08:18 AM
I left, and then came back. :p

Daemonette666
02-02-2013, 08:27 AM
How Wude! !:p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Gods damn it Jar Jar. :p

Yeah, I left for personal reasons, then last night my mate talked me into coming back here.

Drunkencorgimaster
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
So you left and came back since I've been on here. Well, for the record I'm glad you are back. Even if I did not know you were gone. Yours is one of the saner voices around here (mine not included).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Heh! Cheers pal.