PDA

View Full Version : Look Out Sir

Anakzar
01-27-2013, 02:04 PM
What is the order of saves VS look out sir.

I had been thinking it was take a wound on a Character, The Character takes his save and fails, then does Look out Sir and passes the unsaved wound off to a lackey in 6" range.

I was playing in a turney yesterday and the guy I was playing did it this way.

He Took the wound on a Character, then used Look Out Sir to pass it on to a lackey, the save was then made on the lackey.

I did see in the FAQ that it was addressed but I am still unclear on sequence.

Page 16 – Shooting Phase, Look Out, Sir
Delete “(or unsaved Wounds)” from the first paragraph.

Page 16 – Shooting Phase, Look Out, Sir
Change the second sentence of the second bullet point to:
“Determine which model in the unit is closest to the character,
and resolve the Wound against that model instead.”

Kevlarshark
01-27-2013, 02:22 PM
I far as I understand it the process is -
1. Roll to wound
2. Allocate wounds to the closest model, if he is a character choose if you would like to make a look out sir roll.
3. Take armour saves on whoever takes the wound, take the model off if save is failed.

Nabterayl
01-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Kevlarshark and your opponent were correct. Saves are taken by the model the wound ultimately ends up on (which really makes more sense anyway). That's the significance of having LoS apply only to Wounds now, and not to unsaved Wounds.

Inquisitor Orion
01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Kevlarshark has it right.

Rule book FAQ clears this up. Only one save can be made per wound (pulse a possable feel no pain). It would be pretty broken to let a 2+ save character take save till he fails, then "pass it on" with a 2+ look out sir, then start taking saves again.

Nabterayl
01-27-2013, 02:53 PM
And, on the other hand, this lets a bodyguard character who might have a better save use it to protect the character (imagine a crusader jumping in front of an inquisitor to take a plasma round). It's really a positive change all around, I think.

dwez
01-27-2013, 03:55 PM
I did a rather monotonous video showing how I managed to speed up my Look Out Sir! rolls, all you need is a separate coloured dice for the LOS! roll and your normal dice from the wound pile, See what you think:

http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/40k-addict-on-youtube-quick-look-out.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YzdF24UwEBs/UM-wU28TZCI/AAAAAAAAFoo/4a09xW_j8RU/s1600/P1060818.JPG

Forlornhope15
01-28-2013, 12:46 AM
in an effort to keep things above board and keep my opponent happy, I always do LOS rolls before taking saves. I think there is still a case where you can take them after but people get suspicious if you do this too often

Nabterayl
01-28-2013, 02:15 AM
I think there is still a case where you can take them after but people get suspicious if you do this too often
Not anymore, actually. The amended wording eliminated that case.