PDA

View Full Version : GK with BA allies possible tournament list.

Chris Kelly
01-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Hey guys im new to this and just thought i would offer up a list ive wrote recently with the hopes of using it at tournaments this year (first tournaments ever) this list is 2000 but to ake 1850 i just remove a henchman squad.

without further a do

main detachment GK

HQ 187 pts

coteaz
ordo malleus inquisitor
3 servo skulls,power armour, combi flamer, psyker, divination.

ELITES 1**

vindicare assassin

TROOPS 539 pts

GK strike squad
2 halberds, 1 hammer ,1 with falchions, 1 psycannon, psybolt ammo
Rzorback las/plas searchlight

Henchman unit
8 acolytes
3 plasma guns, 3 bolters, 2 stormbolters, carapace armour, servitor plasma cannon
Rhino searchlight

henchman unit
6 acolytes
3 plasma guns, 3 hotshot lasguns
Razorback, HB, searchlight,psy bolt ammo

HEAVY SUPPORT 410
Nemesis dread knight, hammer , gatling psilencer, incinerator
Nemesis dread knight, heavy psycannon, gattling psilencer.

BLOOD ANGELS ALLIES 712 pts
HQ
librarian: shield of sangunius and fear of the darkness.

TROOPS
Assualt squad x5, meltagun ,infernus pistol,
Razorback, las/plas searchlight

Assualt sqaud x5, meltagun

ELITE
sanguinary priest

HEAVY SUPPORT
10x devastators 3 missiles and 1 plasma cannon.

So there it is.
My plan is to have the inquisitors go with the henchman to buff them with divination, the librarian and priest to take an assualt squad each to buff them with shield and FNP, the devastators to combat squad and provide fire on each flank and punish anyone who strays in the open alongside the vindicare. The dreadknights will obviously be my rock and will combat any deathstars i encounter and draw fire away from my weak troops.
The blood angels will be first into the fray with thier fast Razorbacks and hopefully get a few hits with the plasma while the rest of the rhinos/razorbacks pop smoke for the first turn.
I have plenty of plasma for terminators and plenty of gattling and bolter weapons for hordes aswell as the heavy incinerator.

please feel free to tear it apart, i welcome all (constructive) criticism.

Chris Kelly
01-26-2013, 12:09 PM
No comments? :confused:

Exidur
02-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I see psilencers in general as pretty useless. Its a lot of shots granted, but also pretty high in points. If you took off the psilencers you could add in more guys to your GKSS or take the Greatsword.. which can make or break assaults. There's also not much point in taking the hammer on the DK. He's already st10 so the hammer is kind of a waste.

Falchions are also not worth the points. 10pts for an extra attack in CC is pretty meh. Psybolt ammo is not worth it for 4 guys. You're also paying a lot of points for a cardboard box. Razorbacks die really easily now so loading a bunch of points into can be very risky. Stick with the good old fashioned HB+Psy ammo. If you have a small GKSS and every guy has an upgrade once you get shot you start to lose a lot of points very quickly.

You're also lacking in counting units. (I'm not great on the allies rules) I believe that any troop choices from your BA list will not count as counting units. That leaves you with 3 counting units two if which are not very durable. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Are you taking the BA because you have the models and like the chapter or because you think they fill a void in your list?

All comments are meant to be helpful :) I'm in between classes and don't have a whole lot of time right now so I left out the niceties. I just posted my own 2k list, look it over and see if there's anything you like and might want to port over. I'll check back later and go into more detail on some things! Good start though.

DarkLink
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
coteaz

Perfect. All GK lists should have Coteaz in them.

ordo malleus inquisitor
3 servo skulls,power armour, combi flamer, psyker, divination.

But what's the purpose here? Divination is nice, but you're little more than a single 87pt psychic power. Inquisitors have access to several very good wargear options, namely the nasty Grenades and Psycannons. Take Terminator Armor with a Psycannon and a Force Hammer/Psychic Power.

Also, I've stopped taking servo skulls, because they're so rarely used. You don't really need 3, anyway. 2 well placed skulls gives you all the coverage you should need. All they really do is keep your opponent from infiltrating too close, don't expect to ever actually benefit from reduced scatter on blasts, because if your opponent is close enough to the skull to reduce scatter, they're probably close enough to make the skull disappear.

vindicare assassin

I'm not a fan, because I've really only ever seen him die horribly before actually doing anything, but if he works for you then go ahead. If you try him out and find he doesn't work, like with my experience, replace him with a Psyrifle Dread.

GK strike squad
2 halberds, 1 hammer ,1 with falchions, 1 psycannon, psybolt ammo

You're spending 30pts on weapon upgrades that will do you no good when you actually reach assault, because Strike Squads are not an assault unit, especially not with only 5 men. Similarly, with only 4 Storm Bolters, psybolt ammo isn't worth it. Drop the CC upgrades, and only take psybolt ammo if you're taking a 10-man squad (but if you do take a 10-man squad, then always take psybolt ammo).

Henchman unit
8 acolytes
3 plasma guns, 3 bolters, 2 stormbolters, carapace armour, servitor plasma cannon
Rhino searchlight

Put them in a Chimera. Acolytes on their own are pretty poor shots, but divination helps cancel that out, but that doesn't do any good if you can't shoot from out of your vehicle. Plus, then you can stick the Terminator Inquisitor with the unit for even more firepower (and Divination). You should drop the carapace armor. These guys should either be inside a vehicle relatively safe, or sitting in cover with a decent cover save. Either way, 4+ armor doesn't do a lot of good, and it's expensive (32pts?).

henchman unit
6 acolytes
3 plasma guns, 3 hotshot lasguns

Hotshot lasguns suck. Keep these guys cheap. Otherwise, not too bad.

HEAVY SUPPORT 410
Nemesis dread knight, hammer , gatling psilencer, incinerator
Nemesis dread knight, heavy psycannon, gattling psilencer.

The Hammer is utterly pointless (the Doomfists make you str 10, you get two ccw for lots of attacks, and if you're going to upgrade the ccw take the Sword). The psilencer sucks, the psycannon is pretty good, the Incinerator is awesome. You also need Personal Teleporters, the Dreadknight is too slow and too big a target.

Dreadknights are not a unit for beating up deathstars. They are a unit for picking on weaker units, using mobility, challenges, and lots of templates to hit your opponent where he's weakest. There aren't many units in the game better at killing backfield objective sitters and fire support squads. But sending a Dreadknight after a unit of THSS Terminators is suicide.

TROOPS

ELITE
sanguinary priest

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sounds good.

The blood angels will be first into the fray with thier fast Razorbacks and hopefully get a few hits with the plasma while the rest of the rhinos/razorbacks pop smoke for the first turn.

You're a shoot list. Shoot, don't assault.

So, revised:

HQ 216
coteaz
ordo malleus inquisitor
2 servo skulls, Terminator armour, Psycannon, psyker, divination.

Elite145
vindicare assassin

Troops 442
GK strike squad 1 psycannon

Henchman unit
8 acolytes
3 plasma guns, 4 bolters, 2 servitor plasma cannon
Chimera searchlight

henchman unit
6 acolytes
3 plasma guns

HEAVY SUPPORT 470
Nemesis dread knight, teleporter, incinerator
Nemesis dread knight, teleporter, incinerator

BLOOD ANGELS ALLIES 712 pts

sanguinary priest

You had 15pts left over after the changes I suggested, so I dropped the Storm Bolters and a Bolter in the first Acolyte unit and added a second Plasma Cannon Servitor. This should be 2000 exactly.

You are pretty light on bodies, though. You have a lot of fragile units. That's something to keep in mind, and something you might need to change with the list.

Falconjab
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM
HEAVY SUPPORT

Unless you're playing Big Guns Never Tire, you're wasting a lot of points on a unit that can't score and really doesn't have a specific purpose. Drop all the bolter Space Marines and pick a weapon: either plasma cannons or missile launchers. Plasma Cannons for killing Terminator-type units and Missile Launchers for general purpose light armor/horde/high toughness/3+ killers.

Your Grey Knight army is mainly geared for shooting, whereas your Blood Angels contingent is geared towards assault. I would pick a gunline-style army or an all-out assault army and stick with it. If you decide to play a gunline, think about just playing tactical squads instead of the assault squads. Rapid firing bolters and plasma guns out of Rhinos is very effective.