PDA

View Full Version : Sanctioned Psykers Coversion Help?

Stiff Neck Studio
10-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok guys let me hear some creative idaes you have for making some convincing multiple pose Psykers. GW's metal ones are all the same pose and lame. Not to mention they are metal wich I hate to paint only to watch it chip no matter what i do after several games. Let the creative juices flow :)
Games Workshop Range models only and no flagellants.

crazyredpraetorian
10-25-2009, 12:51 AM
I used Fantasy Flagellants. Armed them with las-pistols and for my Overseer I used a Krieg body and head, Cadian arms and some metal legs off of a Reaper mini. Sorry for the crappy picture quality..

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/107/l_604edc89fae54029b56d82ee32cb0de8.jpg

Kanaellars
10-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Lmao....

----

Games Workshop Range models only and no flagellants.

----

I used Fantasy Flagellants

----

Classic.

Stiff Neck Studio
10-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Thats great...LMAO as well. No worries about the crappy picture but I need peurely GW product and no Flaegellants as mentioned in the original thread. Thanks for the pic though :)

Col.Gravis
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm a big fan of Dave Taylor's (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y6W7acufmFE/SnD5tV8zZGI/AAAAAAAAAjA/kMtGoYNWT74/s1600-h/PaterSinandBrood.jpg) take on them, granted his are for a Chaos force but I'm sure an Imperial loyalist equvilient could be cooked up based on the same base models, Night Goblins.

Stiff Neck Studio
10-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I have seen those already on coolminiornot.com and I love them as well. I can't really figure out a way to keep that idea from becoming to alien like. My entire army has no xeno types like halflings or ogryns in it. I converted a unit of guardsman with sniper rifles and extra gear to use as my halfling squad so i can keep the human pue feel. thanks for the help though. Keep the ideas coming guys.

Commissar Lewis
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Honestly, on my list of conversion projects is to get some type of sorceress models, either from Warhammer Fantasy or some other mini range, and convert them into psykers.

tallyrand
10-25-2009, 10:26 PM
There may be some inquisitorial henchmen or preachers that will fit your bill, I'm putting together sme right now, and was eyeballing the IG Advisors pack for the Astropath.

SombreBrotherhood
10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm in the same boat, looking to get a psyker battle squad up and running without a major investment. So, I DID read the 'no flagellant' part, but are you anti-flagellant HEADs? With just those bits, you get a different look if you pop them on Cadian torsos, I especially like the ones with blindfolds. They manage to look tortured and different without being non-human.

OR...

Idea #2 - I have the astropath from the Witchhunters retinue, back in the day you could get a Daemonhunters astropath in a pack, but I can't find it anywhere online, it was a skinny guy in a cloak with a staff and a metal plate over his eyes...and I have a bunch of servo skulls following him around...fluffically, they serve as augments to his power.

OR...

See what kind of conversions you can make out of the Empire Battle Wizards set. Non-metal, so converting is easier, and with some Cadian pistols or even just grafting some holsters somewhere you can make 'em WYSIWYG.

So, there you go.

Aldramelech
10-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Hows about Bretonian Men-at-Arms? or Maybe Battle Pilgrims? or High Elf Archers?

Lots of conversion work but could be made to work.

Love those Goblin conversions by the way, They are fantastic!

SandWyrm
10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe a unit of Servo Skulls with a Servitor as controller? I'm imagining a bunch of heretical psykers that got beheaded and "reprogrammed" for use on the battlefield.

Stiff Neck Studio
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Ok now we are talking. The only reson i was against flaggelants is because of the bodies and some of the super hairy heads. I like the ones that are bald and blindfolded and such. I am definelty liking the idea of using a bunch of servo skulls as it would be super easy to paint and sticks with the fluff a bit.

SombreBrotherhood
10-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Once you come to a decsions, be sure to post 'em to the modeling/painting forum!