PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Guard Storm Shield Semantics

The Sovereign
01-24-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm trying to equip some power armored Wolf Guard with right handed storm shields and left handed power weapons/fists. The only model I can find with a right handed SS is in the Space Marine Company Command box. However, on that bit the SS arm is holding a pistol. Unfortunately I'm extremely WYSIWYG.

The rules in the SW Codex state a WG model may replace his bolt pistol and/or CCW with a SS or PW/PF. If I'm already replacing the CCW with a SS in order to keep the BP (as the SS arm has a BP modeled onto), doesn't that mean both of my hand slots are already being used? Therefore I can't add another weapon (i.e. PW/PF)?

Xenith
01-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Your problem is, that the shield in the command box is a combat shield, not a storm shield.

Use right handed bolter arms, and chaos warrior shields with the icons scraped off.

Nabterayl
01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Xenith is quite right about that bit. Your analysis of the codex is correct, though; if you want a bolt pistol and a storm shield, your wolf guard model has nothing left to replace, even if both pistol and shield happen to be modeled so that one hand is still free, or even if you modeled a cybernetic tentacle apparatus so both hands were still free.