PDA

View Full Version : Brass scorpion of khorne

Waaagh! Gutgrubba
10-24-2009, 06:50 AM
hi y'all!!

dus any1 no how to build a brass scorpion or a link wer i can find out

Herald of Nurgle
10-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Used to be an article on the Games Workshop website, but it's not there anymore.

What you need is:
- 2 Defiler Kits
- Chaos Accessory Sprue
- Your choice of big cannon
- Hobby Saw, Clippers, Plastic Glue, Hobby Knife

Build both Defiler bodies as normal, but do NOT do the box at the top. Attach one of the Defiler box's Battlecannons, complete with faces, to the front of one of the bodies. This body will become the front, and needs to have all of the legs attached. You will need to also attach a pair of the Heavy Flamers/Combi Flamer pieces from your accessory sprues just underneath the Cannon OR to the arms - either way is fine, but define where the flamer fires from at the beginning of the game. Cut the majority of the FRONT Defiler body off, so that you are left with a Body with Six Claws but no rear end.
The Second body only needs 2 claws on, as well as a connection to one of the sockets that would usually hold the big big claws. This needs to be attached to the back, where you cut the majority of the body off. This gives you the classic 8 legged Scorpion look.
The Cannon is the difficult part. Take one of those big Defiler claws, usually at the front, and you need to lengthen it. Then attach the Cannon that you chose for the 'Brass Scorpion Stinger'. Use some of the armor plates from the remains of your Second Defiler kit in order to fill gaps, and to armour it up.
I personally added one of those 'Daemonic Heads' from the Defiler to the hatch where the Defiler Top Body would usually attach, to make the Scorpion feel more appropriate. The remaining additions are up to you.

icecube
10-24-2009, 09:08 AM
IŽm sure that by searching the internet youŽll fiins a guide with pictures.

Brass Scorpion
10-24-2009, 08:21 PM
My builder's guide for Brass Scorpions is available from GW US Customer Service. Simply write to [email protected] and request it. My written guide was the basis for the half of the article that was on the US GW website for the first six months of 2008. My version uses two Defiler kits. Good luck.