PDA

View Full Version : Another DA codex rules question.

Dalleron
01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
So I was looking at the BoLS blurp on Facebook about a tourny somewhere. This guy goes 5-0 with a ravenwing army. He took a RW command squad with the banner of Devastation, aka the Salvo banner. Now my question is, that while yes he can take the banner, would the squad benefit from the salvo rule? Plasma talons are most definitely not boltguns. The article goes to mention the effect of the banner and plasma guns, so I'm thinking that is how it was used.

As I read the banner from my codex, I think he was wrong. I'd also offer that due to the newness of the codex, his opponents may have not had the opportunity to catch him on that. I have checked the FAQ to see if it has an answer either way, which it doesn't. Which sends me to the codex again.

Thoughts? Was he "abusing" the new codex?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
01-23-2013, 01:35 AM
The studio often does some playtesting, he might've just gotten an earlier playtest document mixed up with the finished 'dex.

Azrell
01-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Reading comprehension fail. the article never states that the plaz was effected by the banner. A better question to be asking yourself is how his opponents didn't manage to shoot a 3 man squad off the table early in the game.

Azrell
01-23-2013, 01:43 AM
The studio often does some playtesting, he might've just gotten an earlier playtest document mixed up with the finished 'dex.

What studio? Im thinking the player prob just brought the codex, not a play test document, to the tourney like anyone would. You seem to be confused as to whats going on here.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
01-23-2013, 01:46 AM
What studio? Im thinking the player prob just brought the codex, not a play test document, to the tourney like anyone would. You seem to be confused as to whats going on here.Ohhh, heh, thought he was talking about the white dwarf daily thing, for some reasoin. S'what I get for posting after waking up at 3.

Slacker
01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
The Command Squad itself? No, it would not benefit from the banner, but the regular ravenwing bike squads, that I'm sure he kept huddled around it, do as they do have boltguns.

Tynskel
01-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Reading comprehension fail. the article never states that the plaz was effected by the banner. A better question to be asking yourself is how his opponents didn't manage to shoot a 3 man squad off the table early in the game.

Yeah, I completely agree. Turn 1: kill 3 bikes...