PDA

View Full Version : 1850 IG with SW allies need help with the last few points

Flammenwerfer13
01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
So for the last 6 months I've been tweaking and slowly refining my IG with SW allies list. I've tried Executioners, Pysker Battle Squads, Master of Ordnance, hell even Orgyn. I'm now down to the last 130-140 points in my list and I'm torn between two ways to spend it, though I am asking for input.

Right now the list includes.

HQ
CCS 50

Troops
Infantry Platoons
PCS 4x Flamers
4x Infantry Squads with Lascannon 330

Infantry Platoons
PCS 4x Flamers
4x Infantry Squads with Lascannon 330

Vendettas with Heavy Bolters 140
Vendettas with Heavy Bolters 140

Manticore with Hull mounted Heavy Flamer 160
Manticore with Hull mounted Heavy Flamer 160

Runepriest, Divination Powers 100
Runepreist, Divination Powers 100
Greyhunter Pack with Drop Pod 2x Flamers, Power Axe, Wolf Banner, 10x Space Wolves

Now I'm willing to drop the Banner and either pick up a Vendetta w/ HB's or 1xInfantry Squad with Lascannon for each Platoon. Both are 140pt options.
The Vendetta Gunship is a brutal unit right now and will help off set the broken Heldrake but at the same time making the two infantry platoons even more durable with more bodies.

Though I'm toying with the idea of Straken.

Chexmix282
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
I would definitely go with a third Vendetta. You can never have too many vendettas.

EDIT: +1 for your username.

walrusman999
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
I really don't like the manticores as I have had bad experiences with them scattering to damn far to hit anything, even with barrage. Straken sucks, period. Guardsman have no CC capabilities (up to and including Yarrick and Ogryns) so don't even consider it. You might want to look at taking creed to scout something. Otherwise unless you need the CCS I'd suggest taking either a lord Commissar (or two) or a primaris psyker (or two). The commissar can keep your squads stubborn as well as provide the leadership bubble if you plant him in the middle of your platoons. The Primaris has his nice abilities to prevent people from shooting you and a decent assault attack for shooting. And you can dump him in transports and still use the "prevent shooting" ability each turn.

Only other suggestion, if you want to play around with your heavy support slots, depending on your local meta you could experiment with different Leman russ. Personally my Local meta favors tanks so I currently have 3 vendettas and 2 vanquishers (which might just become 3 valkyries to piss everyone off that i have 6 flyers zipping around).

Firecrest
01-23-2013, 06:32 PM
The Manticores should have heavy bolters, keep the ccs, orders are cool ig tool and get an aegis line to give you a bit of cover and interceptor fire if you happen to go second. For the final 30pts I'd go with the officer of the fleet to mess with your opponents reserve rolls. :p

Caitsidhe
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Cut the Lascannons in the squads and add Sabres. With the points left over and those reclaimed from the Lascannons in the units you should be able to field a fair number.

wellweee
01-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Just a quick idea. I've been having a lot of fun with Master of Runes upgrade on my Rune Priest. With the firepower that the guard have, those powers can be brutal. The Re-rolls are good, but the first 4 powers in the list are also great, and with 2 dice for each, you stand a good chance of getting at least 1 of them.

Dr._Poopenstein
03-02-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm assuming the rune priests are for the re-roll power. But I think of it like this, would you pay 100 points to give guardsmen re-roll? I wouldn't.