PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Live Action TV series

Necron2.0
01-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Just saw this (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60308) on AintItCool. All I can say is lets hope it's dead. The writing talent they've listed has churned out a lot of words, but hasn't had a commercial success in decades. Additionally the premise sounds like a soap opera. Just at first blush, this thing would have failure written all over it.

jgebi
01-21-2013, 01:36 AM
well it might be good and if it's not I have my storm troopers to fix it

eldargal
01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Sounds like someone has been reading too much about Star Wars 1313... I doubt the premise but as for the writers, well, commercial success doesn't equate to quality.

Deadlift
01-21-2013, 02:58 AM
This has been talked about for quite some time, I remember Lucas and co saying that as it stood production was a long way off because the technology wasent there to produce the show they wanted. Now Disney have steped in I suppose that could change.

energongoodie
01-21-2013, 03:09 AM
I know one writer who was part of this project in 2009.
Word on the street was that Mr.Lucas wanted every script for every episode written, before they began production on an episode. He wanted it mapped out and planned. This is very unusual and rather impractical and evidently did not work.

Necron2.0
01-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Sounds like someone has been reading too much about Star Wars 1313... I doubt the premise but as for the writers, well, commercial success doesn't equate to quality.

The story of "two warring houses" isn't exactly new to literature. Neither is it new to SciFi. "Dune" leaps immediately to mind. Of course, knowing who is invovled, it'd probably end up something more akin to "Dallas." No thank you.

As to whether or not it would be quality ... that's a subjective measure. At the end of the day the only yard stick that matters is, "will people watch it."

eldargal
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
I ws thinking more along the line of the Bounty Hunter protagonist and setting it in Coruscants underbelly.:p

White Tiger88
01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
This crazy star wars fad is making me a sad Tiger.....i think i might just sell all my statues\figures\stuff.....Pst...Eldargal interested in cool new toys? :D

Mr Mystery
01-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Dunno don't care.

Clone Wars still rules!

eldargal
01-22-2013, 07:09 AM
I still haven't got around to watching that, have the film and first series sitting around waiting.

White Tiger88
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
I still haven't got around to watching that, have the film and first series sitting around waiting.

There crap and an insult to star wars...........I demand more dead jedi scum!