PDA

View Full Version : Masque of Vyle by Andy Chambers

eldargal
01-19-2013, 01:15 AM
This is a book. About Harlequins.

http://thefoundingfields.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1358520171912.jpg
From here (http://thefoundingfields.com/2013/01/cover-reveal-masque-vyle-andy-chambers/).

So, Andy Chambers is writing/has written a book about Harlequins.

*squee*

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-19-2013, 01:19 AM
CALLED IT!

*is excited*

eldargal
01-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Called what?

Also don't the hardcover 40k BL books have art and stuff in them now? Art in an eldar book would be so nie instead of more Space Marine nonsense.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-19-2013, 01:43 AM
Shut up you!

I said there would be a Harlequin book, a la the Path of series. :D

eldargal
01-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Sure you did.:p

Cap'nSmurfs
01-19-2013, 03:33 AM
The Lord Chambers returns to save us. Pleasing.

Badtucker
01-19-2013, 03:35 AM
I totally called it the other dayvwhen BL posted a black shadow shap teaser ;)

Anggul
01-19-2013, 04:18 AM
I- Wh-

My life is complete.

(Harlequins are by far my most favourite thing in all of 40k)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Sure you did.:p
Totally legit.

gresha
01-19-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm......I'm........I'm so happy...... :D

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Andy definitely seems to be carrying the torch for the Eldar in terms of books, which is a good thing. About time someone did a book about Harlequins - seems like a no-brainer to me. Now if only someone would do necron PoV books too...

djinn24
01-19-2013, 11:25 AM
As the co-owner of the site who posted up the picture www.thefoundingfields.com we are all excited when it was accidently leaked yesterday morning. As of right now NO information has been posted about this book other then the cover, as well I find any more information we will be making updates so swing on by.

Kawauso
01-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Andy definitely seems to be carrying the torch for the Eldar in terms of books, which is a good thing. About time someone did a book about Harlequins - seems like a no-brainer to me. Now if only someone would do necron PoV books too...

I second all of that.

Though now that I think about it, I'm sure it would make a really neat exercise for one of their more talented authors to try their hand at a story from, say, an Ork POV. Would be tough to make it enjoyable/readable/relatable etc., I think, given how alien their culture, behaviour and intelligence is to ours...but now I can't help wondering if it could be done.

YorkNecromancer
01-19-2013, 11:48 AM
The harlequin on the cover looks like an evil Boy George.

Actuallu quite intrigued by this otherwise; harlequins are one of the most interesting Eldar units.

AnEnemy
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
A harlequin book could be cool...Andy Chambers is only an average author in my opinion though. City of Knives and Path of the Renegade were a bit dodgy in parts.

Tired of the hard on that BL has for hardcovers. Also, tired of the people who are digging their own graves by supporting hard covers.

I'd like to meet the ******* that's just begging for the opportunity to spend $540 rebuying the HH books out so far.

eldargal
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
It's up for pre-order on the BL site now (http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/masque-of-vyle.html). With a video trailer thing,

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/Masque-of-Vyle.jpg

Even amongst the eldar, the Harlequins are a capricious, mysterious breed. When a troupe of these deadly warrior-performers discovers a dead Craftworld festering in the webway, they are determined to find the one responsible and exact punishment. Using the ancient craft of their Shadowseer, the trail of destruction leads the troupe to the Sable Marches, a fringe realm of the dark eldar. With several possible suspects of this heinous crime, the Harlequins decide to draw out the guilty one by staging the Masque of Vyle for the archons, a performance that will expose the truth and lead, fatally, to the perpetrator.

Psychosplodge
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Any one else think the Harlequin's a bit reminiscent of the goblin king? No? Just me? ok...

isotope99
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
I've got it, no art in it sorry, just the heresy ones I guess.

Not actually read it yet, I'm a bit behind on my 40K reading.

Godless Zealot
02-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Any one else think the Harlequin's a bit reminiscent of the goblin king? No? Just me? ok...

No I see the resemblance too, he even has the stuffed packet!

Anggul
02-16-2013, 03:39 AM
A 'novella' apparently... for more than most whole books. Oh come on GW, it's one thing to over-charge for plastic models, but this is a book. It's literally paper. Not even much of it.

MajorWesJanson
02-16-2013, 07:36 AM

Nah, to me it looks like that Harlequin ought to be out fighting Batman.

Cpt Codpiece
02-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Nah, to me it looks like that Harlequin ought to be out fighting Batman.

harliquin...... harley quin....... joker........ batman

there is a reason they are called what they are, live in a troupe, have ranks of mime, solitaire and jesters