PDA

View Full Version : Dark Apotheosis - a few Questions about wargear they loose and those that DP can take

Daemonette666
01-18-2013, 11:12 PM
If I buy a Daemon Prince I have to make it a Daemon of one of the Chaos Powers, I get to purchase items from the Chaos Rewards and/or Chaos Artefacts section of the Wargear list. You can also purchase up to 3 Psychic power levels, armour and wings.

Now when you become a Daemon Prince through the Dark Apotheosis roll on the Chaos Boon table, you loose your mark and its bonuses, and instead become a Daemon of the Chaos power you had a mark of. It also says you lose any wargear or special rules you had before, and retain your Warlord Trait.

I know it seems to basically spell it out, but what about any of those items of wargear or special rules that a Daemon prince can purchase normally? Things such as Psychic power levels, combat or spell familiars, and Chaos Artefacts like the Black Mace? These can normally be bought by the DP, and could in theory be kept or simply picked up by the now transformed champion as he changes into a DP. I would like to be able to retain an expensive Daemon weapon that the daemon could normally purchase anyway. I know I could not keep things like Sigil of Corruption as the DP could not purchase it normally.

Also if My Independent Character does not have a mark of Chaos and is transformed into a Daemon Prince, do they have to become a Daemon Prince of a specific Chaos Power or are they an unaligned Daemon Prince? I think they become unaligned.

A side note question.

I had a a discussion on another website where it had been asked whether a model could cancel the effects or was forced to re-roll its re-roll for an invulnerable save because the enemy had an ability or cast a psychic power that forced you to re-roll passed invulnerable saves on a unit or model that had a rule that forced it to re-roll failed invulnerable saves. It was finally determined through consensus that the 2 just cancelled each other out.

The Daemon Prince of Tzeentch has a rule where it re-rolls failed saving throws of 1. Would this cancel out a cast power or ability that forced me to re-roll any saves I passed? I ask it because the roll of 1 is a specific condition (that being a roll of 1), the other is a universal condition (that being any passed save). I do not know about this one.

Nabterayl
01-19-2013, 12:28 AM
I know it seems to basically spell it out, but what about any of those items of wargear or special rules that a Daemon prince can purchase normally? Things such as Psychic power levels, combat or spell familiars, and Chaos Artefacts like the Black Mace? These can normally be bought by the DP, and could in theory be kept or simply picked up by the now transformed champion as he changes into a DP. I would like to be able to retain an expensive Daemon weapon that the daemon could normally purchase anyway. I know I could not keep things like Sigil of Corruption as the DP could not purchase it normally.
Alas, you lose it all.

Also if My Independent Character does not have a mark of Chaos and is transformed into a Daemon Prince, do they have to become a Daemon Prince of a specific Chaos Power or are they an unaligned Daemon Prince? I think they become unaligned.
Correct.

Daemonette666
01-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Damn I was hoping I could retain something of my ICs expensive Chaos Artefacts and/or Chaos Rewards.

Nabterayl
01-19-2013, 01:26 AM
It's generally a great thig to happen to an aspiring champion, but ICs kind of dread it, I think.

OrksOrksOrks
01-19-2013, 03:22 AM
Damn I was hoping I could retain something of my ICs expensive Chaos Artefacts and/or Chaos Rewards.

His normal Chaos Space Marine sized Deamon Weapon would be too puny for his new impressive Deaemon form