PDA

View Full Version : If there was a zombie apocalypse...

Fizzybubela
01-18-2013, 01:05 PM
What two close combat weapons would you choose. What two ranged weapons would you use as well. I would use a hammer, axe, shotgun and flamethrower or machine gun.

ElectricPaladin
01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Tau hammerhead railgun, with hammerhead attached. And a flame-thrower, to clear the access ramp if we're overrun. I don't need a close combat weapon at that point.

Oh, did you mean real weapons? :D

Deadlift
01-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it and I would call it Lucille. Nothing else.

Mr Mystery
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Hoof it to Tesco.

Load up on dry food.

Back to flat, and chill for a week or two until nature sorts the issue for us.

Fizzybubela
01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Tau hammerhead railgun, with hammerhead attached. And a flame-thrower, to clear the access ramp if we're overrun. I don't need a close combat weapon at that point.

Oh, did you mean real weapons? :D
Yes. If I didn't then I'd of put a Thunder Hammer, Power Axe, Heavy Bolter and Heavy Flamer.

Wildeybeast
01-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes. If I didn't then I'd of put a Thunder Hammer, Power Axe, Heavy Bolter and Heavy Flamer.

Why? Power weapons only have any benefit for armour penetration. Against a zombie they'd have exactly the same effect as an ordinary hammer or axe.

SotonShades
01-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Decent Sledgehammer, two-handed wood cutting axe. As for ranged... I don't really know guns well enough, but the automatic shotgun that the professional russian guy on FPS seemed pretty decent. I wanna say a Bow as well, but I'm not sure how good arrows are at zombie killing unless they go through the brain. so lets go with some sort of assault rifle.

Wolfshade
01-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Can I have a challenger 2 for my ranged weapon?

Fizzybubela
01-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Why? Power weapons only have any benefit for armour penetration. Against a zombie they'd have exactly the same effect as an ordinary hammer or axe.
Okay then, hammer, axe, storm bolter and heavy Flamer.

Necron2.0
01-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Considering only real world weapons ....

For close combat, my first choice of "weapon" would be a large freight truck reinforced with steel plate. My backup weapon would be a metal bat.

For ranged weapons, a howitzer firing incendiaries. After that ... that depends on how much cranial damage you need to do to put one down. If you have to blow the head clean off, then I'd want a 45 caliber tommy gun. If all you have to do is put lead in the head, then a drum-fed semi-auto 22 cal. should do the trick.

Psychosplodge
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Never set Zombies on fire, the only thing worse than undead trying to eat yo brains is flaming undead trying to eat your brains....

Surely everybody knows a katana or machete and crowbar are your must haves?
A crossbow and a rifle for ranged, but the rifle will attract more zombies so is best saved for using against aggressive survivors.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/6d910db397705e8791f0b59feddfeaf6/tumblr_mgbj9w4O2T1rt1afao1_500.jpg

dark messenger
01-19-2013, 05:41 PM
CC: Machete and Warhammer for extreme close-up.

Ranged: Shotgun (just coz) and Repeating Crossbow (for them pesky still-living humans)

But beyond that it's mostly just about keeping your head down and riding it out :D