PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Firehead158
01-18-2013, 11:26 AM
I just realized I never posted an intro. So here we go:

I'm a member of the Arizona Army National Guard and am currently on a deployment to Afghanistan. Been here once before back in 2007, and had to scratch my itch again. I have been here a little over 3 months now. I had always been into building scale models, and had discovered Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War back when it came out. Whenever that was. I enjoyed the game a lot, liked what I saw visually, and learned a little bit about the universe. That was about as far as it went. During my first deployment, I saw one of the team leaders in my platoon outside of his b-hut(a wooden structure that dudes live in) priming some models. Curiously I approached asking about them, he explained what it was. I was instantly hooked. He started talking to me about it, gave me an intro game with my Platoon Sergeant. I went online did some research and got some models. It was a good time. Through 40K I started playing a lot of other games, but 40K was our primary game. So here I am in Afghanistan now, slowly working on a Blood Angels army(1500 points on the nose!) during my free time, and am in the process of starting another project now that I'm nearing completion of said BA army. I've lurked around here quite a bit, and do some reading on various topics, but decided to register shortly before my trip here. I like to play for the fun of it, and my army lists aren't very "competitive", I just like to use what has cool fluff, looks cool, and still performs decently. I Don't go to tourneys or anything, its just not my style.

I look forward to absorbing some more knowledge from the board, and I'll see you all around. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have of me.

Psychosplodge
01-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi, welcome to the almost sane part of the internet.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif

Fizzybubela
01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi, welcome to the almost sane part of the internet.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif
You always say the same stuff and use that strange pony.

Psychosplodge
01-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah but they're new so don't know till you point it out ¬_¬

Godless Zealot
01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
You always say the same stuff and use that strange pony.

It's the BoLS official welcome! Though I just got a brohoof not a dancing Fluttershy....:(

Fizzybubela
01-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Good luck in Afghanistan!

Wolfshade
01-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm currently woring on repainting my BAs it is all good fun :)

Psychosplodge
01-18-2013, 04:51 PM
It's the BoLS official welcome! Though I just got a brohoof not a dancing Fluttershy....:(

I didn't have a dancing Fluttershy then though...

Godless Zealot
01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
I didn't have a dancing Fluttershy then though...

Okay then I'll let you off. BTW Welcome Firehead158! :) Sorry some of us here tend to go off on tangents.