PDA

View Full Version : discussion on another website posed this queston - can vehicles or walkers man a quad

Daemonette666
01-17-2013, 11:54 PM
This is the link

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=143907

There were no arguments disallowing walkers from manning the quad gun, but vehicles had one where they could not see the target with the weapons because the quad gun blocked its line of sight.

I think this will inspire a few discussions, and make some of those close combat equipped walkers or units with close combat weapons only, but an decent/ average BS more useful.

Mauler Fiends or Mutilators kept in the rear as a counter assault unit manning the Quad gun. I laughed at that comment.

OrksOrksOrks
01-18-2013, 02:57 AM
Although the rules do say unit, its really obvious this isn't how its intended

Kevlarshark
01-18-2013, 03:52 AM
Dont see any problem with mutilators manning one, aren't they infantry? Granted infantry the size of a walker but still infantry.

I would expect quad gun use to be limited to standard infantry units and Independent characters n the next FAQ, so I would not get used to shooting one with your Furioso Dred or Monstrous creature.

Demonus
01-18-2013, 09:49 AM
rules do say unit right? then i dont see an issue. not sure why a walker would want to man a quad gun but i dont see it as against the rules.

Sly
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Hehe. Black Templars Venerable Dread with Tank Hunter. :D

Tynskel
01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Hehe. Black Templars Venerable Dread with Tank Hunter. :D

Using Twin-Linked Lascannon and Icarus Lascannon!

DarkLink
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Although the rules do say unit, its really obvious this isn't how its intended

Why? You were hanging out with Matt Ward and Phil Kelly and they told you as much?

OrksOrksOrks
01-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Why? You were hanging out with Matt Ward and Phil Kelly and they told you as much?

because the idea of a war walker manning a turret is ridiculous and you know it, don't be obtuse. Anyone with half a brain can see thats not how the rule is supposed to be interpreted. Do you even manage to ever play the game or do all your opponents just walk off in disgust because you're such a dick?

DarkLink
01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Never heard of bluetooth? More importantly, do you know what a Scrub is?

Daemonette666
01-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Dont see any problem with mutilators manning one, aren't they infantry? Granted infantry the size of a walker but still infantry.

I would expect quad gun use to be limited to standard infantry units and Independent characters n the next FAQ, so I would not get used to shooting one with your Furioso Dred or Monstrous creature.

I could imagine a Dreadnought or Daemonic walker connecting via the Noo-sphere or some other method such as a hard wired connection into the controls of the Quad Gun or Icarus Cannon. I could even imagine one that has a limb with hand or some other manipulator type device taking hold of the gun's controls and shooting the gun.

The gun's controls have to be able to handle everything form a normal human to an Ogryn or other Terminator size model such as a mutilator. Perhaps the controls are made to be handled by any size model that can grasp the handle and press the button. The controls would be made simple enough for any model, even those with limited intelligence to use.

Chris Copeland
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Sigh... another sad example of rules lawyers pushing the rules until they snap.... /slow clap :P

Edit: the above is my OPINION and it should be perfectly clear that it is just that... cheers...

JMichael
01-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Sigh... another sad example of rules lawyers pushing the rules until they snap.... /slow clap :P

Edit: the above is my OPINION and it should be perfectly clear that it is just that... cheers...

@Chris...cheers!