PDA

View Full Version : 1,500 Imperial Guard.

Force21
01-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Greetings fellow BoLS friends,

Its been quite some time since I posted anything so...a 1,500 list for my guard & I plan on going to a tourny with some friends with it.

Questions & Comments welcome..

HQ.

Company Command Squad...80 points.
w/ Master of Ordnance.

Company Command Squad...80 points.
w/ Master of Ordnance.

Troops.

Infantry Platoon... Total points 595 points.

Platoon Command Squad...30

x3 Infantry Squads...60 each. (one squad has a Commissar...35)
w/ Flamer, Sgt. w/ Melta bomb.

x2 Heavy Weapon Squads...75 each.
w/ x3 Autocannons.
Heavy Weapon Squad...95
w/ x2 Missile launchers, x1 Lascannon.
Heavy Weapon Squad...105
w/ x3 Lascannons.

Veteran Squad...155 points.
w/ x3 Meltaguns, x6 Shotguns.
Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer.

Fast Attack.

Hellhound...130 points.
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer.

Heavy Support.

Leman Russ Battle Tank...150 points.
w/ Hull Heavy Bolter.

Leman Russ Battle Tank...150 points.
w/ Hull Heavy Bolter.

Hydra Flak Tank...75 points.
w/ Hull Heavy Bolter.

Fortifications.

Aegis Defence Line...85 points.
w/ Lascannon.

Thanks in advance.

walrusman999
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Why master of ordnance? They really arn't that good. Better off dropping a command squad (unless you really need them) and spending the points elsewhere like in the platoon command squad, give them a chimera or something or more weapons for the squads of guardsmen. Also shotguns? They are bad.

Dorsai
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Actually, shotguns in that squad of vets isn't bad. If you take the Demolitions to give the entire squad melta bombs, it works quite nice. Also, it keeps the range the same for all the weapons in the squad. Something I have found is a bonus as well.

Dorsai
01-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I have to wonder at the wisdom or even the need to take to CCS, much less two Ordnance officers that always scatter. I have never had very much luck with them. I would suggest dropping one of the CCS and both of the Ordnance officers. Then take a commissar or two for your infantry platoon squads. Having them be stubborn can be a great thing when they are finally assaulted, not to mention the higher leadership for morale and pinning tests.

I also meant to point out that Hydra's aren't that great in 6th. Only able to snapshot at ground targets really limits their usefulness. I use my two Vendettas to sweep the skies clear.

walrusman999
01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I have to wonder at the wisdom or even the need to take to CCS, much less two Ordnance officers that always scatter. I have never had very much luck with them. I would suggest dropping one of the CCS and both of the Ordnance officers. Then take a commissar or two for your infantry platoon squads. Having them be stubborn can be a great thing when they are finally assaulted, not to mention the higher leadership for morale and pinning tests.

I also meant to point out that Hydra's aren't that great in 6th. Only able to snapshot at ground targets really limits their usefulness. I use my two Vendettas to sweep the skies clear.

I agree with you on the Command Squads. However, he doesn't have any flyers and so he needs to take something else to get rid of flyers, and unless he has a model with 6 BS or higher that can twin-link his Icarus lascannon, or he takes a flier (preferably vendetta to kill other flyers) he needs something to kill flyers, and a hydra is the epitome of land based airborne destruction. Though taking a quad cannon instead of the Icarus would probably be a better option.

Colonel Bindoff
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
I'd drop the hellhound, one ccs and both MOOs, and the chimera with the vets (who can become air cav) for two vendettas. That'll fix your anti air. Then possibly reconsider the hydra: you could drop that and one of your hws for another Russ.

Only issues I can see, and it is a big one, is maintaining enough mobility to take objectives that you can't camp out on from the off. I'd be tempted to swap another hws for a second vet unit.

I think this could maintain the flavour of your list yet be a bit more competitive.