Warpspider89
01-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi BoLS,

What do you think of this army list?

HQ
Eldrad - 210
Farseer - Singing Spear, Spirit Stone, RoW, RoWit, four cheapest spells - 168

Elite
Harlequins x8 - SS upgrade & DJ upgrade, 7x harlie kisses, 2x fusion pistols - 236

Troops
Pathfinders x6 - 144
3x Guardian Jetbikes - one with SC upgrade - 76
10x Wraithguard w Spiritseer (singing spear & conceal) - 399

Fast Attack
Swooping Hawks x5 - Exarch w Skyleap & Intercept - 137
Warp Spiders x6 - 132

Heavy Support
Wraithlord w BL & EML (and double flamers ofc) - 155
Wraithlord w BL & EML (and double flamers ofc) - 155
Scatterwalkers x3 - 180

I know it is a little light on scoring units in the form of troop choices... but given that i have two fast attack and three heavy support choices, and two of the six games allow for one of those categories to be scoring, and that Eldar troop choices generally suck, I feel like this should be at least semi-competitive.

Basically, the Farseer rolls for invis. Both the Invisiseer and Eldrad will then roll around with the Wraithguard squad. Their job is to absorb an incredible amount of firepower with that T6 & 2++ while maneuvering to control the center of the battlefield. They will be trailed by the harlies who, while behind the Wraithguard, will receive a 2+ cover save (possibly re-rollable if I can spare the spells) and can cut the WG squad out of basically any fight. They Wraithlords will also be abusing their buddies for cover while sniping out the enemy heavies. I usually use WWs as anti-infantry support for a castle style defence, but I outflank when I consider it to be tactically advantageous. The pathfinders will sit on a backfield objective, preferably placed a short ways outside of my deployment zone, where they will lend fire support (the upgrade plus that number of models averages one ap 1 wound/round with a 50% chance of that ap 1 wound being a precision shot... this doubles with guide support) while also being within range of help as needed. The SHs serve three purposes: anti-light infantry, anti-tank (their average threat range for a charge on a vehicle, using their jetpacks in the movement phase, is about 21 inches with fleet), and to score line breaker at the end of the game. The option I pursue will depend on my opponent. Then there are the warp spiders, which serve three possible purposes: anti-light armor, anti-infantry, and/or anti-character attacks (simply put, with the current wound allocation system, they can be deep striked or advanced within range of an enemy hero, blast them for a wound or two, then bounce away). Of course, the truth is that both of these FA units are ultimately going to be used to disrupt the enemy... they won't win the game but they will take the pressure off of the centre. Finally, I plan to use that tiny unit of jetbike guardians to harass and lure away enemy units who are foolish enough to give chase, but most of all, to be babied until the end game for a possible line breaker point and a last-minute objective capture.

Those are my thoughts. What are your thoughts?

Warpspider89
01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Bump!