PDA

View Full Version : Kislev after Storm of Chaos

tekn0mega
10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm curious about the fate of Kislev following the storm of Chaos.

I faintly remember seeing a map of kislev being over run by the force(s) of Chaos (/orcs?) in my friends hard back storm of chaos book. Maybe somebody else who has this can tell me what it says happened.

Or instead, do the Kislevites still exist? I know for tournies you can no longer use a storm of chaos list, but I'm unsure if that included the kislev book too or not.

I ask because I am drawing inspiration here for an Empire army list.

TheBitzBarn
10-22-2009, 12:59 PM
My understanding is they were not wiped out or anything the Only way to use them was as an ally to an Empire list and if I recall it was a White Dwarf article. Not sure if you can still use them

Faultie
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Kislev, as a land, survived the Storm of Chaos, yes.

The Kislev Army Book is rare, and it's hit-or-miss on whether you can use it or not. I'd talk to a TO about it if you're determined to use it in a tournament. Otherwise, it's great for friendly games and hardly OP in any way, that I can tell. It's even a bit overcosted in areas, due to being older than current books.

You field Kislev forces on their own (which limits you to 3 core choices, 1 special, 1 hero, and 1 of 2 lords (they are mutually exclusive), or with any of the armies listed in the book (including Bretonnians, even, who can't take DoW/RoR). If you play them on their own, I'd highly suggest hiring some Mercs for your Rare and Special slots.

As far as I remember, the army list is in the Warhammer Chronicles 2004 book, and also exists as a standalone Army Book (albeit in limited quantities). I have both.

tekn0mega
10-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I was rumaging through some old books and found "Realm of the Ice Queen: Fantasy Role Play" supplement for, well, wh fantasy-roleplay (who the F named that?!)

I found a section talking about the aftermath of the Storm of Chaos, where the city of Kislev survives, but little else about the effects of the conflict on the lands surrounding, including the city of Praag (ie did it fall a second time to Chaos, is it more corrupt now than ever?)

I'm building an Empire army with the theme built around Kislevite ex-patriots returning home from mercenary work, as such it is almost entirely Empire army with some kit-bashing. I doubt I will use the actual models or even rules from the kislev range or book. I'm still trying to find a good motivating factor of great justice, a holy war, etc... Maybe rebels? Most of the models themselves are picked out, just trying to figure out their motivation. It's all part of an Empire themed competition my local game store is doing.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.