PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos next month.

Deadlift
01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Looks like the next release is fantasy Warriors of Chaos. Pictures aren't great but I am sure the leaks will come thick and fast now.

RUMOR ROUNDUP via Warseer 1-22-2013

Advance Orders 26th January for release on the 2nd of Feb

New stuff:

New Book
Magic Cards

Trogg
Vilitch
Lord Model

Forsaken
Dragon Ogres
Gorebeast Chariot/ Chariot

Mutalith Vortex Beast
Slaughterbrute

Teaser Video:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wn...sp?pid=7200014

Pictures:
http://chumphammer.wcp-vancouver.com/?page_id=99

Stuff we know from White Dwarf:

Forsaken are a core choice. Forsaken are M6 and D3+1 A. Has it's own D6 chart. One result is ASF.

Chaos Knights now buy enscrolled weapons as an upgrade

WILL OF CHAOS is not listed beneath lords, heroes, knights etc. Only eye of the gods

Mutalith has a bound spell ranged 18’’
Seems it does a toughness test (model/unit?) and there is chances of chaos spawns being produced

Marauders did not seem to have marks

Slaughter beast is a rare choice and is a bound monster. It is bound to your lord and can have the lords WS.

Gorebeast chariot is T6 5W. high Armour save (2+?). It has KB even on Impact hits. Slower than a normal chariot

Dragon Ogres are on 50 x 75mm bases

Two book items are:
chalice of chaos
soul feeder gift

MAGIC

marked casters can choose a different lore or stick with their mark:

Tzeentch: Lore of Metal
Slaanesh: Lore of Shadow
Nurgle: Lore of Death

Sig Spell:
Tzeentch is Blue fire. 24" D6 SD6 MM.

Slaanesh is Lash of slaanesh. 24" straight line form the base in forward arc of the caster. Every model under the line receives S3 AP hit.

Nurgle Sig spell is a Template. You place breath tempalte at the base of the caster.
All models beneath are forced to test T or suffer 1 W with no AS.

Nurgle Attribute is that on a succsessful cast roll a D6. On roll of 6 the casters T an W are both increased by 1 to the end of the game.

Slaanesh Attribute is for every wound caused by a spell, roll a D6. if a 6 is rolled the caster recieves +1ws/+1A/+1I

Tzeentch Attribute is for every 6 rolled on a successful cast, that caster recieves an additional PD. But only that caster can use the additional dice

Fizzybubela
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Forsaken, Dragon Ogees, Throgg, Vilitch, Plastic Chaos Lord and some other stuff that I can't read.

Deadlift
01-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Throgg £36
Dragon Ogres £35 for 3
Forsaken £30 for 10
Chariot £25
Vilitch the curseling £15

My poor eyes struggle to make anything else out, looks like Magic Cards a new Army Book and a few single models. Not sure if the Dragon ogres are new sculpts or finecast. I hope they are new as the current ones look dated to me.

Fizzybubela
01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Well looks like I'm going to get those Magic Cards. More time to save up for the limited edition Chaos Daemons codex! I hope this army book doesn't have a limited edition version!

Brakkart
01-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Reckon I'll grab the magic cards and the army book at least. Will have a good look at the chariot too, not all that interested in the rest though but that could change once I've had a read of the book.

Wildeybeast
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Cool, looking forward to seeing some interesting new stuff.

Phototoxin
01-17-2013, 12:39 PM
New White dwarf shows off the following:

Slaughterbeast

Hententicle

Dragon Ogres

Chariot

Brakkart
01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Ooookay, I might be getting more than just the book and cards then, cos dang those are some nice figures there. I gotta love the name of the Hententicle, very nice bit of humour there.

Phototoxin
01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Also in the WD:

Beasty Chariot!

Forsaken!

Also the hentacle is 'Mutalith Vortex Beast'

Mr Mystery
01-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Oh my!!!

And people said the Dragon Ogres were laughably bad. Look pretty sexy to me!

Not sure about the big beasties though. Will reserve judgement!

Brakkart
01-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Mutalith Vortex Beast?? That's a rubbish name, doesn't sound remotely fantasy really, more like something out a bad sci-fi B movie.

Chronowraith
01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
*Takes Chaos Warrior army he had boxed up and ready to sell on Ebay back out of the box...*

I like the non-tentacle monster (slaughterbeast). The Dragon Ogres look AMAZING. The plain chariot looks a little weird with the undercarriage horns but I like the one pulled by the beast.

Not a fan of the Forsaken though... they look like Chaos Warriors who have contracted the mumps. Curious to see the Throgg and Vilitch models (Throgg is probably the only one I"d be interested in purchasing, but Vilitch is an interesting character).

I'm curious to see if they fix any of the books issues such as balancing the magic, making marauders less of a "if you don't take them you are stupid" choice, and a few other things. It already look slike this army book solves the biggest issue involving a lack of diversity of units so that's a positive.

Mr Mystery
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
I reckon we'll see Marauders upped in points, Warriors lowered. And the Forsaken given some saucier rules.

Either way, I now have a tough choice twixt Dark Angels and this book to purchase!

Fizzybubela
01-17-2013, 01:41 PM
I wish they had a bit more of a Nordic type monster instead of these ones. :( Like a Frost Giant, Frost Troll and the like.

Chronowraith
01-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I"d like to see a shift to move towards a Nordic design as well, but I'll take what I can get.

Personally, I wish they had new marauder figures in there.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-17-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd like the Hententicle if it floated and had some random eyes and mouths growing out of it. The tentacle parts are cool. Of course im judging it as a lovecraft nerd not a WHF nerd.

Archon
01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
More pics - giant, sorcerer, lord on dakka dakka (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/501309.page#5188168)

I like the tentacle-thingy ;-)

Mr Mystery
01-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Eeeew! You made me go on Dakka!

Lovely models. Big red gribble is starting to grow on me. Characters are fantastic!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
They look sexy!

Wildeybeast
01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
OOh, shiny AND killy. Nice stuff

Brakkart
01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
New Marauder and Warrior figures would have been nice, cos the existing ones are a bit naff (Marauders) and way too regimented/unchaotic (Warriors) for my taste. Still AoW do some fantastic Warriors/Chosen so not that bothered by their absence. Really liking that chariot, though not the demonic gorilla thing that can pull it, and the Lord in the back looks far better than the guy with the big axe does.

red/winter
01-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I prefer Hentitcle. That was genius.

Wildeybeast
01-17-2013, 03:09 PM
New Marauder and Warrior figures would have been nice, cos the existing ones are a bit naff (Marauders) and way too regimented/unchaotic (Warriors) for my taste. Still AoW do some fantastic Warriors/Chosen so not that bothered by their absence. Really liking that chariot, though not the demonic gorilla thing that can pull it, and the Lord in the back looks far better than the guy with the big axe does.

I can't remember the last time GW re-did an existing plastic 'core troops' unit. When they did a wave of Empire stuff that updated the troops amongst other things? God knows how long ago that was. I'm not at all surprised they haven't done any troops in 8th ed, focus on getting shiny new stuff out and converting metal/FC to plastic. They can always update the older palstci units if they get a hankering for a 2nd wave.

Kirsten
01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
hooray for new chaos warriors, been waiting on this book. SOme very interesting models there, love those dragon ogres.

Mr Mystery
01-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Plaguebearers :p

But otherwise spot on. Majority of troops are relatively recent, and existent plastics aren't likely to be done, as the focus appears to be plasticificate previously metal infantry, and add shinynewtoys.

Brakkart
01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm actually wondering where the rumoured Chaos Dragon/Egrimm van Horstmann dual kit has gone too. I was really looking forward to seeing that.

Chronowraith
01-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Throgg looks amazing...

Houghten
01-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Plaguebearers :p

And before that, Clanrats.

Edit: Gors too, now that I think about it.

firestorm
01-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Damn you GW. Damn you! I've got 60 Chaos Marines still to paint, and no money...

You're not supposed to make me want a new army right now!!!

Mr Mystery
01-17-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm actually wondering where the rumoured Chaos Dragon/Egrimm van Horstmann dual kit has gone too. I was really looking forward to seeing that.

Rumours also said Dragon Ogres looked arse...

Phototoxin
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
I prefer Hentitcle. That was genius.

Thank you :-)

Eeeew! You made me go on Dakka!

Careful you don't get banned for no reason other than stating a fact which a mod doesn't like (the sky is blue, grass is green etc)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Careful you don't get banned for no reason other than stating a fact which a mod doesn't like (the sky is blue, grass is green etc)

I'm going to have to ban you, the sky is in fact black. :p

celestialatc
01-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh man, oh man. Those are some nice models....I need to get my WoC out of storage!

The Sovereign
01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
The vortex beast is beautiful. As a huge fan of both Lovecraft and Tzeentch, I desperately, DESPERATELY hope it will be available to Chaos Daemons/Daemons of Chaos. :eek:

eldargal
01-18-2013, 12:11 AM
I like everything bar the Forsaken, based on the blurry pictures.

Throgg or whatever his name is is very impressive.
Dragon Ogres are great, going to base some conversions off them for my Dark Eldar army.
The Hentacle beast or whatever it's real name is looks extremely nice and very gribbly for a GW monster, much approval.
The other spawn thing is also equally nice in my opinion, also going to e a conversion base.
I love teh chariots, particularly the one with the horsies.
The three armed chap with what looks like a xenomorph handpuppet is very nice also.
The Chaos lord is very imposing but I hope he comes with an alternate head.

archimbald
01-18-2013, 03:34 AM
that lord may join my CSM chosen, ohter than that, the dragon ogres look like something out of the old claymation/live action sinbad films

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051337/

The Sovereign
01-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Dragon Ogres are great, going to base some conversions off them for my Dark Eldar army.

As a fellow DE player, care to elaborate? I'm curious as to what you'd use them for, something beastmaster related?

eldargal
01-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Not one hundred percent sure yet, have some wyches riding them perhaps as a counts as talos. I'll need to see what base size I can fit them on before I can plan too much.:)

Kirsten
01-18-2013, 07:54 AM
grotesques I would have though.

I look forward to this book, I think the current one is great, but I have been unable to find a list I am happy with, so my chaos warriors have languished since sixth edition paralysed with uncertainty. Can't wait to have a look through and start plotting

eldargal
01-18-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm trying to go for a wych cult theme myself, but yes if you can fit them on a 40mm base grotesques would be an idea use.:)

I hope the book will be solid, if only to help rehabilitate Cruddaces reputation a bit more. His Empire book is really perfectly decent but he still gets a hard time over 'nids and to some extent IG.

Mr Mystery
01-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Still not 100% on the chariot. Just looks a bit off from the pics.

Hoping this will resolve following sight of the actual model.

Phototoxin
01-21-2013, 09:44 AM
BTW is the chariot in synch with the one EldarGirl spotted ages ago?

Also from what I can tell Empire is pretty balanced and OK with lots of options so hopefully WoC will be like that and my mono Khorne won't be too gimped. A price reduction in Valkia would be good (she really isn't worth 410 pts)

Chronowraith
01-21-2013, 10:13 AM
I think most of the 8th edition books offer multiple builds and possess a great internal balance. The books really are balanced well against each other too. Sure there are some power discrepancies with VC and Ogres on top and TK towards the bottom, but they are all fun to play with/against and offer multiple avenues of synergy. So when playing against an 8th edition book you really don't know exactly what you'll see in a list.

I've been trying to find my WD with the Chaos insert to see if EG was correct those many months ago... sadly it seems to be evading me.

Fizzybubela
01-21-2013, 10:19 AM
EG was correct in finding it. :)

The Madman
01-21-2013, 06:08 PM
GW have just put out the first teaser for the WoC release. they really should move the previewing of models to the internet to avoid such leaks and use the 10-20 pages for more hobby articles.

EDIT: 300th post DING.

Mr Mystery
01-22-2013, 07:44 AM
GW have just put out the first teaser for the WoC release. they really should move the previewing of models to the internet to avoid such leaks and use the 10-20 pages for more hobby articles.

EDIT: 300th post DING.

Deliberate leak is deliberate..... Always the week before. Gives those online a bit of a boner, and a claim to being special ;)

Bigred
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
OP updated with latest WoC rumor roundup.

Brass Scorpion
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Chaos Knights now buy enscrolled weapons as an upgrade

Why do people have so much trouble with the word, "ensorcelled"? It means enchanted, bewitched, as in they are magical weapons. You know, it's related to the word, "sorcery". Spelling can be easy when you know the meaning of words.

Chronowraith
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Interesting update. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new WoC book now.

I'm glad to see GW seems to have found a common base size for Monstrous Cavalry... although it sucks for TK since their MC are all on chariot bases.

Marauders without marks... huh... well I guess that's one way to get people to take fewer of them. I hope they still received a price and/or stat adjustment.

Gorebeast Chariot sounds awesome rules-wise. We'll see how it actually pains out as it could easily be killed if the point-cost is outrageous.

The Sovereign
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Mutalith has a bound spell ranged 18’’
Seems it does a toughness test (model/unit?) and there is chances of chaos spawns being produced.

Wow, produces multiple spawn with its attacks? That could get expensive...

eldargal
01-25-2013, 04:56 AM
More Pictures of the WoC Release for the More Pictures of the WoC Release God!
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162405&d=1359052665
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162406&d=1359052680
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162407&d=1359052706
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162408&d=1359052716

eldargal
01-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Even More Pictures of the WoC Release for the Even More Pictures of the WoC Release God!

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162412&d=1359053213
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8657/fotopdmf.jpg
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p589/Latabernadelaurana/WD%20Febrero/20130124_201555_zpse755c3a9.jpg
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p589/Latabernadelaurana/WD%20Febrero/20130124_201623_zps3ce80b85.jpg

eldargal
01-25-2013, 04:58 AM
One More Picture of the WoC Release for the One More Picture of the WoC Release God!
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p589/Latabernadelaurana/WD%20Febrero/20130124_201926_zpsb521c5b7.jpg

Chronowraith
01-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Well I can definitely say that the forsaken are not my cup of tea. I'd rank them slightly higher than the original Dark Eldar grotesques but far below acceptable (again, by my standards). I'm a bit saddened that Vilitch doesn't match the picture in the current army book, but I still think the model is pretty cool.

Really nice to see the new dragon ogres and throgg next to other models for some size perspective. Is it just me or are the new dragon ogres about the same size as the shaggoth? Maybe a little smaller?

Mr Mystery
01-25-2013, 05:42 AM
Loving it.

Forsaken are pure conversion fodder! Also to be fair to the sculptor, they are limited as the unit needs to rank up neatly.

eldargal
01-25-2013, 06:47 AM
I actually quite like the Forsaken and I was expecting not too based on the blurry pictures. The extra bits to make Forsaken devoted to each god is a nice touch.

Mr Mystery
01-25-2013, 07:33 AM
I think the Forsaken will be popular with 40k players as well, simply for the bitz when making possessed. Current kit is good, but not so great for variety.

Look forward to getting my WD tomorrow!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't like the Forsaken aesthetic, for the same reason that I didn't like the Warshrine...

MarneusCalgar
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks for quoting my blog, La Taberna de Laurana!

Cheers!

Wildeybeast
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Those forsaken look great. GW knocking it out the park again with another great set of Warhammer minis.

greendragon
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Not that it hasn't been said before, but here are the extracts from my website just to add to the buzz etc :)

Warriors of Chaos Army Book, RRP: £30.00 - Our Price: £23.99
The new hardback Warriors of Chaos Army Book gives you the complete low-down on the evil Warriors of Chaos, including fantastic backstory, artwork and all the stats you'll need to field your army against all challengers.

Battle Magic: Warriors of Chaos, RRP: £6.50 - Our Price: £5.99

Dragon Ogres, RRP: £35.00 - Our Price: £27.99
The long awaited Chaos Dragon Ogres for Warhammer Fantasy. This multi-part plastic kit contains pieces to build three completely different Dragon Ogres in dynamic poses. The are three different weapon options, including additional hand weapons, each Dragon Ogre has a different "reptilian" body and there is choice for helmeted or bare heads for each. You can also use the elaborate helmet provided in order to denote a unit champion... Shartak.

Chaos Chariot, RRP: £25.00 - Our Price: £19.99
What better way to tear your opponents to shred than leading the charge with a dreaded Chaos Chariot? Not only does this multi-part plastic kit give you everything you need to build one of these violent looking carriages, but there are also plenty of spare parts including two head options for the driver and six for the passenger with some specific to your chosen Chaos God, should you choose to have it as an exalted hero or Chaos Lord. There are also additional weapons and a cloak that can be given to the passenger.

Chaos Forsaken, RRP: £30.00 - Our Price: £23.99
These warriors have devoted themselves to the Chaos Gods and through warfare and Chaos Wastes have ended up mutated and distorted. This multi-part plastic kit contains all sorts of mutations, too many to list! You'll get enough parts to build ten models, thats the easy part - the hard part is deciding which appendages, daemonic heads and the like to have per mini! There are even parts for specific Chaos Gods.

Slaughterbrute, RRP: £50.00 - Our Price: £39.99
This beast could be described as pure muscle, capable of ravishing entire enemy units to shreds the Chaos Slaughterbrute is not to be misunderestimated. Choose from two different heads, meaning more variety if you want two of these beasts in your army. To find out more check out February 2013's copy of White Dwarf (number 398) for the 4-page pull-out photograph of a fantastically painted example.

Chaos Lord, RRP: £15.00 - Our Price: £12.99
You'll need something to lead those vile Chaos armies into battle... Or perhaps you just want an awesome figure to paint? Either way, this Chaos Lord is a fantastic miniature.

Vilitch the Curseling, RRP: £15.00 - Our Price: £12.99
Both a mighty warriors and a deadly wizard, Vilitch is a vile creature literally made up of two brothers fused in the name of Chaos. Vilitch would make an amazing centerpiece to your army.

Throgg, RRP: £36.00 - Our Price: £29.99
Throgg, the King of Trolls is a huge violent looking creature whose weapon alone is taller than a standard Chaos warrior. He carries the Wintertooth Crown, a magical artifact that grants him command over his fellow beasts.

http://www.greendragongames.co.uk/deals/pre-orders.html

Wildeybeast
01-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Whilst your website does have good offers, this isn't really the place for advertising.

KrewL RaiN
01-25-2013, 08:46 PM
I think the Forsaken will be popular with 40k players as well, simply for the bitz when making possessed. Current kit is good, but not so great for variety.

I was thinking the same thing. There is so much random what the heck gribby madness going on with those Forsaken. Looks like a very fun kit to play around with! I also want to kit bash that big smashy nasty into a Maulerfiend.

And lol wat at that Tzeentch sorcerer dude with the what da fux arm guy. His arm man looks very unhappy with the main body. Yet its growing on me because of said randomness haha.

NurglesRot
01-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Considering I paid $30 for the current book and have yet to play a game with it, I refuse to shell out another $50.
$85 for a single plastic model? Outrageous.
The Dragon Ogres do look pretty awesome, as does the chariot.
The Character models are rather underwhelming. I was hoping for a nicer looking Cursling

KrewL RaiN
01-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Advanced orders are up and I has a sad face on the price of the http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod1870062a For 100 dollars, how big is that thing? :<!

Chronowraith
01-25-2013, 11:34 PM
So looking at the Warriors of Chaos section on the GW site will show some of the new choices and where they fall. Well, as long as GW didn't just lump everything into certain sections to throw people off.

Unit moves that will be interesting if they prove true;

Forsaken are listed as CORE
Chaos Chariots are listed as CORE
Chimera are listed as SPECIAL (I was expecting Rare!)
Warshines are SPECIAL (Was this true with the update a little while back?)

If true this would bulk out the Core section of Chaos Warriors quite a bit and give them some nice options from fast moving Chariots, durable warriors, horded marauders, fast cav horsemen, and damage dealing forsaken. Chimeras as special choices really caught me off guard. I know they aren't super special but depending on what (if any) upgrades they get I've found them pretty good flanking monsters in SoM games.

The Sovereign
01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
Advanced orders are up and I has a sad face on the price of the http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod1870062a For 100 dollars, how big is that thing? :<!

To be fair, Feb's WD does make it look bigger than a maulerfiend. But I'm with you, $85 USD is about $15-$20 too high, although I'd still probably buy it from a discount source if it were also available for 40K Daemons...

KrewL RaiN
01-26-2013, 01:01 AM
To be fair, Feb's WD does make it look bigger than a maulerfiend. But I'm with you, $85 USD is about $15-$20 too high, although I'd still probably buy it from a discount source if it were also available for 40K Daemons...

Yeah, I love the model a lot, so I am hoping some other sources will make it less painful to purchase lol

greendragon
01-26-2013, 07:01 AM
I think Vilitch is the best of all the releases, but really agree that the prices have - for some reason - gone through the roof, without any explanation. Disappointing.

Wildeybeast
01-26-2013, 07:12 AM
They do seem rather expensive. The big beastie combo kit seems pretty much comparable to the OK mammoth kit and yet is £14 more expensive. Unless it is significantly larger, I really can't see any justification for that.

greendragon
01-26-2013, 07:17 AM
I dare say it might soon be the straw that broke the camel's back with people refusing to buy new releases due to the unaffordability of them.

Brass Scorpion
01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Every release now pushes the limits of pricing to new highs. GW no longer has any respect for its own price points for even two consecutive releases. Discounts barely give pricing that was full price just a few short years ago. The models are mostly pretty cool looking, but the pricing is absurd and fiendish. GW doesn't seem to be concerned with volume of sales on certain kits at all any longer.

Chronowraith
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I can't see it being too much larger. It certainly doesn't look any larger than the OK mammoth in any of the pictures and it still has to fit on the 50x100 monster base that comes in the box.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-26-2013, 11:02 AM
I actually quite like that Vilitch miniature, it's quite weird and demented in a good way, the rest isn't really anything that personally appeals to me allthough it's nice to see Dragon ogres in plastic finally.

Every release now pushes the limits of pricing to new highs. GW no longer has any respect for its own price points for even two consecutive releases. Discounts barely give pricing that was full price just a few short years ago. The models are mostly pretty cool looking, but the pricing is absurd and fiendish. GW doesn't seem to be concerned with volume of sales on certain kits at all any longer.

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. The discount's online sites give even at 30% just don't make the difference they used to for me, as they were just "last years prices", I've been priced out for well over a few years now though - luckily I still have plenty of stuff to assemble and paint! I'm sure glad nobody is forcing me to buy stuff - otherwise I'd be homeless in merely a few months.

Gotthammer
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Out of interest given GW seems to have pushed US customers to their limit with this release, I've run the figures and done some conversions on a bunch of GW products, comparing % markups on the UK price and so on (http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-much-is-gw-ripping-you-off_27.html). The Slaughterbrute does seem to be priced above average for a US product.

gcsmith
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
I hope the new CEO they get realize how Over priced these prices are. The company won't survive long term if they keep these prices up.

Mr Mystery
01-30-2013, 08:50 AM
As opposed to all their successful years of making a profit in one of the worst global recessions known to man? Yep. Defo doomed.

ANYWAYS! Cheap shots aside...

The more I see the Forsaken, the more I like them. So many groovy little bitz on them, and they're core. Very pleasing! Even if the price tag isn't.

TheCastigator
02-07-2013, 03:50 PM
As opposed to all their successful years of making a profit in one of the worst global recessions known to man? Yep. Defo doomed.

While they have been profitable, they have done so through overhead reduction and price increases, not through substantial volume or sales increases. Something to keep in mind, not a portent of doom, but not necessarily the sign of a thriving business.

The argument could be made that these prices reflect development expense and the fact that the sales of these kits will be low compared to other stuff. Honestly, I am not sure what to make of it, $85 for a plastic monster kit does seem to be pushing the envelope further than they have in the recent past.