PDA

View Full Version : Rhino ASC - Suggestions/Input?

Akkon Sek
10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Couple years back, I started a project based on GW's Rhino ASC article (now long gone... if you have a copy of the article I'd love to get my dirty little you-know-what grabbers on it). So now I have this pair of Rhinos, slammed together... and I have no idea where to take it from here. There's a slew of great ideas here every day, so I'm hoping I can tap into that and make this model something unique.

http://ceramite.blogspot.com/2009/10/wayback-machine-what-is-that-thing.html

So... what'cha think? Where from here? I'm keenly interested to know your thoughts.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

-A

gwensdad
10-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Marine field hospital? (need to make rules and datasheet)
Variant of a Deathstrike launcher (same rules as the guard one, just add missle)
Noise Marine mobile stage?
Add strange techy parts and be a techmarine experiement.
Kitbash it back into a single rhino and some wreckage.
Add wings and engines and be an mekboyz fighta.

krispy
10-22-2009, 03:19 PM
the front of a land train?
the middle of a land train with armaments on it?
some kind of 40k limousine......i could imagine one of the old genestealer primarchs sitting up on the top and some hybrid genestealers manning the doors ;)

Vorlon
10-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Could make an interesting command bunker or field apothicarion station...
But I think the idea for the Deathstrike Missile launcher gets my vote (may have to try this myself)

therealjohnny5
10-23-2009, 05:44 AM
man so many stinking possibilities....I'm thinking mobile Battle barge...Maybe Double the tracks if you want to get crazy and weapon load out, I'd say a long range cannon on back, whirlwind on front, Hvy Bolters for close defense and side sponsons of Las or Hurricane bolters, depending on long, or near range...makes more sense for long range though. Or go crazy and kit bash 2 whirlwind launchers into one, then you have a big cannon plus 2 missile shots each turn, or can make it the 5 template apoc blast marker....

options, options, options...

Akkon Sek
01-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Found it!

http://web.archive.org/web/20060719215056/us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/spacemarines/gaming/ASC/default.htm

Cant get the images to display yet (as its archived), but... it's a start.

For those interested.

Armored Supply Crawler (ASC)
Type: Tank
Crew: 2 (basic trooper from your army)
BS: (as per the basic trooper stat of your army)
Armor: Front – 14 / Side – 14 / Rear – 13
Weapons: Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter Turret (or the equivalent for your army)
Access Load Points: Rear and Upper Hatches
Transport: Cargo and five Size 1 models.

This vehicle is specifically designed to carry important cargo into or through heavily contested areas when air support isn’t possible. Servo-arms speed up load times. Reinforced armor makes sure the cargo gets there. Servitor crewmembers keep the vehicle running. High-torque engines plus a dozer blade help the ASC plow through just about any obstacle.

Special Rules: The ASC Servitor crew can attempt to repair an Armament Destroyed or Immobilized vehicle damage result at the start of the controlling player’s turn with a D6 roll. A score of 6 means success, and the ASC may continue on as if the damage never occurred. The high-torque engines can get the ASC out of a jam when it comes to Difficult Terrain Tests and obstacles blocking it’s path. The ASC my reroll any failed Difficult Terrain Test, even at movement distances above 6". The ASC may also drive through any of the ruined buildings, bunkers, walls, and the like placed in the City Ruins area of the table as if these items weren't there at all.

-A

Ole
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Mobile helipad for Valkyries/Aquila-Landers or such stuff? I don't know why somebody would need such a thing, but hey, it's 40k, so why not...