PDA

View Full Version : Tau-Necron Allies list that i robbed off someone ;) (2k Tourney List)

Sonikgav
01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Ok so, while im not trying to claim this was my idea, i was inspired when i saw something similar to this online a few days ago and thought i should give it a rework and see what i can come up with.

Primary
-------
Storm Lord - 225pts
Harbinger of Eternity - Aeon stave, Cronometron - 40pts

Immortals x10 - Night Scythe - 270pts
Immortals x10 - Night Scythe - 270pts

Scarabs X6 - 90pts
Scarabs X6 - 90pts

Secondary
---------
Shas'el - 86pts
T-link MP, Targeting Array, Target lock, Black sun

Crisis Suits x3 - 154pts
T-link MP x3, Flamer x3
Team leader, HW Blacksun Filter + HW Target Lock

Fire warriors x8 - 80pts
Fire warriors x8 - 80pts

Broadside x2 - 153pts
Multi Tracker x2, Team leader, Plasma, Target lock, Blacksun
Broadside x2 - 153pts
Multi Tracker x2, Team leader, Plasma, Target lock, Blacksun
Sniper Drone Team x2 - 160

Defensive line - Com Link + Quad gun - 120

Total = 1971 points

29 Points leftover...

Ive recently come to regard the Drone Teams as something surprising. For Anti Infantry theyre pretty cheap and effective and with the bonus to the stealth generators when sat behind the defensive line (which they will to avoid stealing terrain from the Broadsides) they enjoy that 2+ Cover save and help guard the Quad Gun from anything getting too close.

The main tactic is a combination of using the Stormlords Effect along with the Blacksun filters to blow stuff up while limiting the return fire. Lightning may hurt the Tau units but the Chronometron should help reduce some of that.

The Tau gunline will do most of the Initial work since only the Scarabs start on the board for the Crons (they will basically see what im against and attack/defend accordingly) with the Airforce arriving later to do the mopping up and objective grabbing.

Any thoughts?

Anggul
01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
You only need one Blacksun Filter in the squad, it gives them all Night Vision. Just give it to the Team Leader and give the rest Flamers for 1pt more, it's very handy.

Sonikgav
01-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Ah i was thinking about that. Didnt realise it spread to the entire squad. In that case yea, my Tau will actually use Flamers!

Or perhaps Burst Cannons just to fill out the points? Target Locks for all? So many choices.

To be honest the main thing i want to confirm is that the Lightning rolls count as The Stormlords rolls and that the Chronometron can reroll me hitting my own guys, even if theyre in a Transport or havent even arrived yet.

rpricew
01-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Advance Stabilization Systems are good for move and shoot, but it takes away your ability to Overwatch, run (if necessary) and Sweeping Advance. Most of the times, the Broadsides aren't really moving much and I've seen them beat down their fair share of med assault units trying to tie them up. That 2+ save is pretty good. I personally like to be able to fire both weapons once the enemy closes the gap (which we both know they will)

Aegwymourn
01-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Advance Stabilization Systems are good for move and shoot, but it takes away your ability to Overwatch, run (if necessary) and Sweeping Advance. Most of the times, the Broadsides aren't really moving much and I've seen them beat down their fair share of med assault units trying to tie them up. That 2+ save is pretty good. I personally like to be able to fire both weapons once the enemy closes the gap (which we both know they will)

This. I have yet to take Advanced Stabilization Systems on my broadsides in 6th and have yet to regret it. Since objectives are placed before deployment it makes it much easier to set up your firing lanes. Personally I prefer to have them with multi-trackers so after the first turn or two of tank hunting they can toss some anti-infantry around as well.

Sonikgav
01-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Not a Bad idea actually. I was also thinking about adding Plasma to the 2 Leaders if i go with Multi Trackers for the simple fact that apart from my Railguns i have nothing better than AP3 and i see a future with plenty of Terminators approaching.

Infact of i swap the A.S.S on both suits for Multi Trackers and add a Plasma Rifle to the leader the points cost stays exactly the same so easy done :D

Sonikgav
01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Edited the above list and theres something thats been bugging me.

The Shas'el. BS 5, AND twin linked, just to land a couple of Missile Pod Hits? Is this accuracy overkill? Should i be looking to give him additional weaponry or does he really need that hit reliability? Should i maybe look at not using Missile Pods on him? Fusion Blasters are the same cost, TL Plasma is a little more but ive got the spare....

Now ive reworked the list theres Possibility for a LOT of changes including Plasma to deal with all the Deathwing ive seen emerging, a Crisis team with Fusion Blasters instead of Flamers or anything else in this list that wouldnt mind about 30 points being thrown at it.

Infact, by Dropping the Twin Linked Missiles and keeping him at BS5 i can go Fireknife with the Shas'el and still have points left over to add Plasma to the Crisis Squads leader too if i dont bother with a Target lock.

Thoughts?