PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels Deathwing List with New Codex 1500 Points ... need some C&C

Whereswaldo
01-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Picked up 6 sets of Dark Vengence Terminators (30 Terminators) before the Dark Angel's codex hit ... This is what i'm planning on currently running, eventually i'll replace the Assault Cannons on the units not using Deathwing Assault with Cyclone Missile Launcers.

Dark Angel’s Deathwing 1500 Point Loadout

Belial (Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Sword of Silence) – 190 {Attached to the 10 man Deathwing Unit}

Librarian (Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Force Weapon - Divination) – 95 {Attached to the 10 man Deathwing Unit}

10 Deathwing Terminators (1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword, 4 Deathwing Terminators, 2 Assault Cannon) – 480 {Deployed using Deathwing Asssault}

5 Deathwing Terminators (1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword, 4 Deathwing Terminators, 1 Chain Fist, 1 Assault Cannon) – 245 {Deployed using Deathwing Asssault}

5 Deathwing Terminators (1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword, 4 Deathwing Terminators, 1 Chain Fist, 1 Assault Cannon) – 245

5 Deathwing Terminators (1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword, 4 Deathwing Terminators, 1 Chain Fist, 1 Assault Cannon) – 245

= 1500

Thoughts?

Spamthulhu
01-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Picked up 6 sets of Dark Vengence Terminators (30 Terminators) before the Dark Angel's codex hit ... This is what i'm planning on currently running, eventually i'll replace the Assault Cannons on the units not using Deathwing Assault with Cyclone Missile Launcers.

Dark Angel’s Deathwing 1500 Point Loadout

Belial (Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Sword of Silence) – 190 {Attached to the 10 man Deathwing Unit}

Librarian (Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Force Weapon - Divination) – 95 {Attached to the 10 man Deathwing Unit}

10 Deathwing Terminators (1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword, 4 Deathwing Terminators, 2 Assault Cannon) – 480 {Deployed using Deathwing Asssault}

5 Deathwing Terminators (1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword, 4 Deathwing Terminators, 1 Chain Fist, 1 Assault Cannon) – 245 {Deployed using Deathwing Asssault}

= 1500

Thoughts?

Cyclone missile launchers may help since you don't have anything to really lean successfully to pop higher AV's. A cyclone termie gets 4 shots a turn 2 of them str 8.

Whereswaldo
01-14-2013, 04:48 PM
chainfists, that what the second deep strike unit is going to focus - but ya with ranged my anti armor is really lacking ... until I can get some CML's ill just have to make due with the assault cannons and hope for rending (on the 10 man unit ill most likely keep the assault cannons (or swap to plasma cannons) for the twin linked anti-infantry role and swap the rest to CML's.

Tynskel
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
there are so many other weapon options...

Whereswaldo
01-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Then what do you suggest?

Tynskel
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I suggest that you read the codex. There are tons of options.

Whereswaldo
01-14-2013, 07:50 PM
that being heavy flamer, assault cannon, plasma cannon, cyclone missile launcher .... which you've yet to say anything about beside making random statements with no real input.

Whereswaldo
01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Anyone have any Comments?

noahwood
01-14-2013, 10:48 PM
I think the list sounds fun, if not a little narrow. If you are up for a little conversion work, you can graft some lightning claws and TH/SS to those DV minis pretty easily. It can add a little extra killy and survivability to your squads. I had reasonable success with it myself. Also, consider playing around with the command squad (also easily converted). The Deathwing banner is great now that it applies to all DW within 6". The Standard of Fortitude would be a little sick with this list also. I'd bring them in turn two using Belial's homer.

As mentioned above, maybe cyclone launchers on the squads that have to start the game on the table... This would give them range to hit stuff turn 1.

I say it sounds narrow because you really don't have much going on. As is always the case with terminator heavy lists, you are at the mercy of good die rolls. Also, your strategy is kind of limited by the number of models on the table, but what the Hell, you are playing Deathwing!!!

Something you may want to try: stick the power field generator on your librarian in that 10 man squad.

Whereswaldo
01-14-2013, 11:13 PM
I thought about adding in the feel no pain standard but ... at 85 points I would have to drop the libby and swap out a regular DWT unit for the command squad, which leaves me - 1 scoring unit = / but 15 terminators with feel no pain would be really interesting ... hrm

Chexmix282
01-14-2013, 11:17 PM
I would give each unit a Cyclone Missile Launcher. It is simply a better weapon over the Assault Cannon, and you get to keep your Storm Bolter!

The Standard of Fortitude certainly would be a great addition, even at the cost of the Librarian. FNP on Terminators is really, really good.

JMichael
01-17-2013, 03:34 PM
As I see with with only 2 units not Deathwing Assaulting that means you will have to deploy 1 of them on the board (50% reserve rule, which the Deathwing Assualt don't count towards).

I have a similar list to try, and while 10man death squad is nice, I think 1 8man and 1 7man (or even 7/7/6)would spread the #'s out more nicely. If that 10man gets tarpitted (which is what I would do) or avoided all together then they can more easily pick off the 5 man squads, especially if they scatter in an unfavorable manor.

Tynskel
01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
all of them have deathwing assault. Check the terminator armour rules. You gain deathwing assault and vengeful strike if you wear terminator armour.

Also, it is very difficult to tarpit 10 terminators... they have a tendency to be really killy...

JMichael
01-17-2013, 04:53 PM
all of them have deathwing assault. Check the terminator armour rules. You gain deathwing assault and vengeful strike if you wear terminator armour.

Also, it is very difficult to tarpit 10 terminators... they have a tendency to be really killy...

I got that. His post mentioned all but 2 of them deployed using Deathwing Assault.

Whereswaldo
01-17-2013, 06:06 PM
changed my list - look for

1500 Point Deathwing ... Thoughts

- went with cml's and the feel no pain standard

Whereswaldo
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
thought this thread was dead = / or i would have just kept this one going

Tynskel
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I would start Belial on the ground if you are not going to deep strike everyone. That way you can take advantage of his teleport homer. Start as far forward as possible, and book it, possibly forgoing shooting (probably best to have him with Deathwing knights). Then bam, turn 2 teleport all the squads within 6" of Belial.

If your opponent doesn't have many blast weapons, teleport into base to base contact with the knights. Bam, majority toughness 5 on your entire army.