PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk fresh from the Mechanicus Workshops!

imperialsavant
10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
:)
G'day All.
Thought I would share a pic of the Basilisk I finished yesterday.
All comments & criticisms welcomed.

Also attaching a "fun" poll--- What age is the painter! Go at it folks! :D

Dingareth
10-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Any chance you'll be throwing some crew on the back?

Kieranator K82
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Nice. So when can we expect the actual answer to the poll?

eldargal
10-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Very pretty. You know, someone in my gaming group was criticised for having tanks that looked like they had just rolled off the production line, so he converted up some extra crew carrying polishing rags and spray paint.

Red__Thirst
10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Very pretty. You know, someone in my gaming group was criticised for having tanks that looked like they had just rolled off the production line, so he converted up some extra crew carrying polishing rags and spray paint.

THAT is both awesome, and hilarious! If I wasn't painting vostroyans, and hadn't already planned on making my tanks dirty/worn looking.. I'd totally do this too!

Tell your gaming group buddy that he gets MAJOR kudos from me :D

Till next time,

-Red__Thist-

Eyespy
10-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Bisilisk

What age is the painter! Go at it folks! :D

Bisilisk

Voted 15-20 because there was no younger option.

Aldramelech
10-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Needs Toning down a bit Mate. The metals are a bit on the bright side. Paints a little thick. Good effort on the whole.

imperialsavant
10-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Nice. So when can we expect the actual answer to the poll?

I put in 30 days but that might be a bit long.
Dont know if I can change it to 2 weeks? I will try!:rolleyes:

imperialsavant
10-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Any chance you'll be throwing some crew on the back?

:D Yeah, I have 2 Vestroyan Mortar Crew I have painted up in the same colours as my Valhallans but with Red artillary Facings. You know those Artillary types always "dress up" a bit. Something about the Napoleon syndrome!
I am also going to do 2 of the kneeling figures that came with the kit in Cadian Flak Armour in the Valhallan colours & see if I like them better.

imperialsavant
10-22-2009, 04:01 AM
Needs Toning down a bit Mate. The metals are a bit on the bright side. Paints a little thick. Good effort on the whole.

:p Yeah those Valhallans dont let a bit of Snow or Ice stop the polishing.

Actually I had a lot of trouble with the Adeptus Battlegrey Foundation paint. Kept having to thin & thin & it still tended to "lump up"! :confused:

imperialsavant
10-22-2009, 04:05 AM

;)Actually if you look closely you will find it has already got some "battle damage" on the Gun Shield & some scrapes on the paint plus mud etc. It may not show up clearly in the small pics.
Those Valhallans dont stay back behind the lines for long. Shiney today & used the next!:)

Lord Azaghul
10-22-2009, 06:26 AM
Very good work, age of the painter is irrelvant, the person is obviosly talented

imperialsavant
11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
:) As there has been no recent action on this thread & the poll is not due to close until 22 November, I will put you all out of the "pain" of waiting.
The painter is indeed well over 65 years young but is blessed with a steady hand but the Eyes need some help! :rolleyes:

Thanks for voting!:D