PDA

View Full Version : Legion of the Damned??

imperialsavant
10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
:rolleyes:
As I was admiring the new Legion of the Damned models from Gamesday Italy I was struck by the thought------- Could this be one of the "Lost" Legions?

After all they mysteriously appear when most needed & disappear again after victory (or defeat).
So maybe they lurk in the Warp waiting to fulfil the Emperors will but whatever happened to them back in the far past does not allow then to have a continuing presence in real Time/Space.

Could the Emperor have planned for this to be their Fate?

What are your thought folks?

Grotzooka
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I believe the "official" fluff is that they are a cursed 21st Founding Chapter that went on a warp jump and messed up. I can't remember the name though. Fire Hawks, maybe..?

entendre_entendre
10-21-2009, 07:02 PM
this is what lexicanum's got:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Legion_of_the_Damned
sorry, it doesn't look like they're a lost legion

eagleboy7259
10-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Do they have a homeworld or something? How do they recruit new marines? 1000 marines seems a little small to survived since M36

entendre_entendre
10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
eagleboy, check lexicanum. it's there. they have only around 100 marines left. their homeworld was destroyed during the age of apostsy. they don't recruit more marines b/c they want to die.

rkiviman
10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Legion of the Dead believed to be the Firehawks chapter(as already been said). Lost about 963.M41. Around 20 years before anybody realized it. They had been sent on a mission to the Crow's world sector to interdict the Eldar pirate activity there. They entered the warp and it is believed they ran into a severe warpstorm that destroyed the vast majority of them. Believed there are less than 200 left. Their are no officers or chapter master left and their human servants all died. They suffer form a warp malady which drives them insane and to a painful death. When they fade into a battle scene they fight in total silence and as one unit. Their armor bears the symbols of death as they await their demise by serving the Emperor until the end. Originally part of the cursed 21st founding. Their geneseed are the Ultramarines. Their homeworld of Zhoros was destroyed.