PDA

View Full Version : Review/First impressions on the new Dark Angels Codex!

Dominic
01-13-2013, 04:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I've just wrote a (quite detailed) Review/First impressions (http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/first-impressions-on-new-codex.html) article on there new Dark Angels codex.

http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/first-impressions-on-new-codex.html

The reason I've posted it as a link to the article and not copied and pasted it across onto here is because I've gone into a lot of detail and described many rules etc. The last thing I want to do is get in trouble with mods etc. or get BoLS in trouble by posting that stuff here. If I can't link to this post then let me know and I'll take it down, or if a mod reads my posts and can't see it causing any trouble by posting it here then let me know and I'll copy it across!

Thanks!

spaceman91
01-13-2013, 05:56 AM
nice review. might get this codex now.

Dominic
01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
nice review. might get this codex now.

Thanks :) I'd definitely recommend it, its a good read and even if you don't play/plan to play DA then it's useful to know all the nifty tricks they can use!

Eberk
01-13-2013, 09:36 AM
might get this codex now.
NO !! Don't do that !! You'll be sorry if you do !!

Just like me. I bought the Codex and like it so much I'm thinking of starting a DA army. Yet another army, my wallet will weep for an entire year. I even want the Veangeance Land Speeder, oh boy... I doomed

Iyandagar
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Vetock did a pretty good job on it. Admittedly I haven't fought yet with it so who knows, but the fluffy stuff was a good read. Looking at the points allocation to units I know that there have been some significant reductions allowing more kit to be fielded. Looking forward to rolling my Ravenwing force next weekend. All in all I am fairly pleased with the codex at the moment. Proof will be in the results of my next few battles.

Fizzybubela
01-13-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm waiting for my Limited Edition codex to arrive. :(

Dominic
01-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Vetock did a pretty good job on it. Admittedly I haven't fought yet with it so who knows, but the fluffy stuff was a good read. Looking at the points allocation to units I know that there have been some significant reductions allowing more kit to be fielded. Looking forward to rolling my Ravenwing force next weekend. All in all I am fairly pleased with the codex at the moment. Proof will be in the results of my next few battles.

After playing a few proxy games with the list I can say that Ravenwing are the real winners out of this new dex, they require a lot of synergy, but when they're all tooled out correctly they can be deadly

DrLove42
01-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't want to buy the book so was good to get a rough idea of the book for when its opposing me!

What i dislike is the counter to the other army. At least in CSM it was reroll 1's in one round of combat, whereas the DA preferred enemy is a lot better.

Fizzybubela
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Copy 79 biches!

Dominic
01-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I don't want to buy the book so was good to get a rough idea of the book for when its opposing me!

What i dislike is the counter to the other army. At least in CSM it was reroll 1's in one round of combat, whereas the DA preferred enemy is a lot better.

That's probably because the chaos space marine rule works against multiple codexs (5 if I've Counted correctly) while the dark angel rule only works against 1 codex