PDA

View Full Version : The Unforgiven

Tynskel
01-12-2013, 02:30 PM
I am attempting to make a fun list using the Dark Angels.
I like the army's flexibility! Inexpensive characters (for example: a blank Librarian is 65 points!).

1850/1850
HQ 195
195 Interrogator-Chaplain
–Terminator Armor, Mace of Redemption and Crozius Arcanum, Auspex, Displacer Field

A little Pricey, but this Chaplain gets Str 7, Concussive Blast and Blind, AP2 vs Chaos Marines, Also has a 3+ Invulnerable (with silly effects!). Not to mention, pick a unit within 12" and they get -1 to cover saves. Oh and 5 attacks on the charge.

ELITES 235
235 Deathwing Knights

TROOPS 464
170 Tactical Marines
–9 Marines, Sgt., Plasma Rifle, Plasma Cannon
35 Dedicated Transport: Rhino
114 Tactical Marines
–5 Marines, Veteran Sgt, Lightning Claw and Bolter, Flamer
75 Dedicated Transport: Razorback w/Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma Gun
70 Scout Squad
–4 Scouts, Sgt., Camo Cloaks, 5 Sniper Rifles

FAST ATTACK 471
191 Ravenwing Attack Squadron
–5 Bikers, Sgt., 2 Meltaguns, Combi-Melta
180 Nephilim Jetfighter
–Avenger Mega Bolter
100 Darkshroud
–Assault Cannon

Hv SUPPORT 400
240 Devastator Squad
–9 Marines, Sgt., 4 Missile Launchers + Flakk Missiles
160 Land Speeder Vengeance
–Assault Cannon

Fortification 85
85 Agies Defense Wall
–Icarus Lascannon

This is heavy on the toys, but still bringing 16 marines and 5 scouts for objectives.
The Devastator Squad Sets up with the Ageis Wall. The Sgt uses the Signum to boost the Lascannon to BS5. This unit is the *#$@ you flyers, able to pump out 5 shots at a flyer. Also able to pump out 5 shots vs vehicles/whatever.

The Land Speeder Darkshroud, Land Speeder Vengeance, Rhino, and Razorback move together. They all benefit from the Darkshroud's Stealth Field. The Darkshroud is has 3+ cover save while moving, the Vengeance with 4+ cover save while moving. The tanks get 6+ cover save, but 3+ when popping smoke.

The Deathwing Assault is primed for Turn 2, although easily can be used Turn 1. This is to allow the bikers to maneuver into position for the Teleport Homers.

The Nephilim Jetfighter is there for just raking squads, and clearing objectives. Lots of AP4 firepower at BS5 vs ground targets.

Tynskel
01-12-2013, 06:27 PM
There are many things that can change in this list.

For example: if you take Belial, you do not need to take the Ravenwing for the Teleport Homers, because Belial doesn't scatter on deep strike.

That frees up ~200 points for a different task, unless you like the ravenwing as is. It also means you can switch up the Deathwing Knights for a Deathwing squad that claims. If you do that, you can change the troops. etc.

However, I think what I have here is a pretty good starting point.

Spamthulhu
01-13-2013, 03:07 PM
There are many things that can change in this list.

For example: if you take Belial, you do not need to take the Ravenwing for the Teleport Homers, because Belial doesn't scatter on deep strike.

That frees up ~200 points for a different task, unless you like the ravenwing as is. It also means you can switch up the Deathwing Knights for a Deathwing squad that claims. If you do that, you can change the troops. etc.

However, I think what I have here is a pretty good starting point.

I for one am still not sold on the Deathwing knights when they can't pop space marine armor on their own. Not sure the other rules for them make them versatile enough to compensate for that weakness. One round of ap2 isn't enough most of the time.