PDA

View Full Version : Fortress of Redemption Pics and More

Bigred
10-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Coming our way this Holiday Season:

Pics courtesy of 40kOnline (http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=190490.0)

Thats the prettiest terrian piece they've done yet.

Brass Scorpion
10-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Pictures from the new GW Gift Catalogue appeared on dakkadakka earlier today in this topic thread (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/261982.page). Pictures of the Fortress of Redemption, new Red and Green Army cases, Ork and Space Marine Mega-forces and a return of the hobby and carry bags from last year are shown.

GW has done RED and GREEN army cases before. The RED and GREEN army cases were the very first limited run gift item cases they did a few years back. The RED one was filled on one side with cavalry sized slotta-foam, while the GREEN one had "vehicle" pick-and-pull foam on one side. The RED case was marketed as the "Warhammer" case and the GREEN one as the "40K" case at the time. What's different about these new version Army Cases is the logo on the front of each. This is the first time the large army cases have had game system logos on them.

The Fortress of Redemption looks sinister enough to me to fill more than just the need of Dark Angel collectors. Hopefully we'll see a lot of them put to good use by other Imperial players and Chaos players too, with plenty of cool paint schemes and even some conversions.

See my latest eBay auctions at this link (http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1).

oni
10-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Sweet!

I'll be buying the fortress as well as the SM mega force.

Duke
10-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I really like the Fortress of redemption, but my only problem is that it is OVERTLY Dark Angel. I just with it was a little more "Astartes," than "Dark Angel," ... However, I will still be getting one Im sure just because it is really cool.

Duke

Bigred
10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Its not that bad. The main image is a cloaked winged figure holding a sword. That could be the Emperor, Sanguinius, Malcador, or many others.

The only Dark Angels logos are on the silo cover, and the small shields scattered around the perimeter. I'm modding mine into a ruined Deathguard one, with the main figure representing Mortarion.

Duke
10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
I suppose your right, if I paint it red-ish then it will look more like Sanguinius than anything. Still, I want one... Im an addict for cool terrain.

Duke

dendts
10-21-2009, 08:01 PM
i wonder how compatible it is with the shrine of the aquila,bastion and the other terrain kits that GW make, could have some great conversions on our way.

eldargal
10-21-2009, 09:24 PM
£60 (apparently) for such a nice terrain piece, its bits of news like that which make insomnia worth while.:rolleyes:

The West Coast Knight
10-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Awesome I will take 2 please for me.

MarshalAdamar
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
OH JOY! Thats all I can say right now, I'm all choked up.

JOY!

Xas
10-22-2009, 11:31 AM
4 of this set as well as 2-3 imperial strongholds will make for a nice, hughe fortress :D

Duke
10-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Apparently Marshal Adamar is excited about this, ;)

Duke