PDA

View Full Version : IG+Ork allies army list critique

Dr._Poopenstein
01-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Here is my 1500 point list I thought of last night. I was hoping to get some opinions if I covered all my bases.

HQ
CCS
-lascannon

Troops
PCS
-4xFL
Infantry Squad
-GL
-AC
Infantry Squad
-GL
-AC
HWS
-3 ML

PCS
-4xFL
Infantry Squad
-GL
-AC
Infantry Squad
-GL
-AC
HWT
-3 Lascannons

Veterans
-3 Plasma
Chimera ML/HF
-heavy stubber

FA
Vendetta
Devil Dog

Heavy
LRBT
Manticore
LR Ex.

Orks
HQ
Big Mek

Troops
30 Shoota boyz

I have the two PCS in the Vendetta, and the big mek around my heavy tanks. Should I have a bigger combined squad, or should 20 be enough as long as I keep them relatively away from harms way?

Dorsai
01-12-2013, 10:31 AM
You can only put one of the PCS units in the Vendetta. Also, are you looking at having the blob squads sit on objectives, or be somewhat mobile? If you want them moving around, drop the HWTs. No sense in only ever taking snapshots with the autocannons when you could be using the two lasguns that team takes up.

I'd also look at doing something more with your CCS. Like take 3 plasma, carapace armor, and a medic. That makes those guys able to survive a Gets Hot roll much better than your veteran squad. For my vets, I generally take one with Bastonne, an autocannon, 3 snipers, and forward sentries. Place them in cover, let Bastonne worry about orders for that squad and watch them harass you enemy, even pop transports.

After Bastonne's squad, I'll take one with 3 melta-guns, shotguns, the sergeant with a powerfist, and demolitions. Allows me to slap up to ten melta-bombs on to a vehicle. And the shotguns mean that they can assault after firing everything, not to mention that the entire unit has the same range weapons then too.

Also, I don't know that you want your orks near your guard units. If they to close, neither unit will be able to fire any weapons and only react to being assaulted.

Dr._Poopenstein
03-02-2013, 10:47 AM
They are allies of convenience, not desperate. I tried your suggestions and I can say they worked pretty nicely, thanks!