PDA

View Full Version : Getting your Imperial Guard Enginseer a transport

sneakyben
01-11-2013, 05:45 AM
Since the IG enginseer is not an independent characture (unless I have mis-read something), is there anyway for him to start a game in a chimera, bearing in mind he cannot take a dedicated one himself?

Popsical
01-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Congratulations on being the first person ive ever seen post anything about the techieseer.
This being because your better off buying anything else from the gaurd dex than him.
He can climb into any transport, but why bother, he is the undisguised turd of the gaurd dex.
Good luck with him tho.

Wolfshade
01-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Is he not an IC if brought without Servitors?

Also, he is a very cheap HQ choice.

bfmusashi
01-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Pop is incorrect in his valuation as a heavy weapon team that can repair vehicles is useful at times. The enginseer and his servitors can ride in any transport, but can not start the game in another unit's dedicated transport. You could attatch an IC to them if you wanted a priest, commisar lord, Yarrik, or Primaris with them. The priest can turn them into a nasty counter assault unit.

sneakyben
01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Is he not an IC if brought without Servitors?

Also, he is a very cheap HQ choice.

Unfortunatly not...

quick related question:
Could he go in a lord commisar's dedicated chimera?

I know ICs can join a troops choice in the troop's ded. transport, but not the other way round?

Nabterayl
01-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Unfortunatly not...

quick related question:
Could he go in a lord commisar's dedicated chimera?

I know ICs can join a troops choice in the troop's ded. transport, but not the other way round?
The Dedicated Transport rule (page 78) states, "The only limitation of a Dedicated Transport is that when it is deployed, it can only carry the unit it was selected with (plus any Independent Characters that have joined it)," so alas, no.

Colonel Bindoff
01-11-2013, 12:39 PM
IIRC you can put him in a chimera if you're using the forge world armoured battle group list rather than the codex one. You know, if you're *that* keen.

Nabterayl
01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Should clarify - he can ride in a commissar lord's Chimera, he just can't be deployed in it.