PDA

View Full Version : Any chance at all for Horus Heresy Imperial Army models?

nearsighted_farseer
01-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Does anyone have a guess about this? Is Forgeworld gonna stick to Mahreens or are they going to take a crack at some kind of imperial army figures eventually?

OrksOrksOrks
01-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Does anyone have a guess about this? Is Forgeworld gonna stick to Mahreens or are they going to take a crack at some kind of imperial army figures eventually?

Almost certainly, eventually

wittdooley
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Almost certainly, eventually

Would they? I don't know if there's any real precedent for it unless they're HIGHLY featured in one of the HH books, which at this point I'm not sure I can see. What I think we are much more likely to see in terms of non-Astartes:

Sisters of Silence
Custodes
Mechanicum Units

If anything, I'd project that we MIGHT see some new rules for Guard units whenever the Alpha Legion is addressed in the HH books. But I don't know if I'd expect that any time soon. We'll most likely see the following before we see a ton of the Alpha's:

Dropsite Massacre
Razing of Prospero
Siege of Ultramar

DWest
01-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm really hoping they do Imperial Army at some point, if only to get some of the absolutely barking-mad uniforms featured in the books as sculpts. Seriously, grab a copy of Legion and read the descriptions for the uniforms of the Geno Five-Two and the various command officers present when Alpharius arrives. They will make Mordians look like they're dressed in featureless blue pajamas.

wittdooley
01-11-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm really hoping they do Imperial Army at some point, if only to get some of the absolutely barking-mad uniforms featured in the books as sculpts. Seriously, grab a copy of Legion and read the descriptions for the uniforms of the Geno Five-Two and the various command officers present when Alpharius arrives. They will make Mordians look like they're dressed in featureless blue pajamas.

Right with you. I think this is the most logical time to get them.

thomas40kfanboy
01-12-2013, 01:19 AM
imperial army is listed on the allies matrix in betrayal. so they will be featured eventually.
however this will be a while, as we've got two isstvan5 books and then prospero after that, so thats 2-3 years worth of stuff. before the first chance to see them.

theresponsibleone
01-12-2013, 10:33 AM

Tony Cottrell said that they intended to do some Imperial Army, but would probably focus on specific units / formations / regiments rather than try and cover the entire thing.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-12-2013, 10:56 AM
i could see them doing Prospero Spire Guard whenever they get to Thousand Sons, if that counts.

wittdooley
01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
i could see them doing Prospero Spire Guard whenever they get to Thousand Sons, if that counts.

Makes sense. They'll be small additions. They certainly won't be featured. Spire guard make sense. Like mentioned before the Alpha Legion agents make sense. Word bearers zealots may make sense since these are separate army lists (but they may just be the same as in the chaos dex).