PDA

View Full Version : Iron Warriors Omnibus

Jmaximum
01-10-2013, 03:59 AM
I finished Storm of Iron, the short story Enemy of My Enemy, and I am about half way through the Heraclitus Effect.

It seems like there were some drastic changes to Warsmith Honsou between Enemy and Heraclitus. Does anyone know in what books this took place? Also, Honsou seems to have a vendetta against Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines. If I recall correctly, wasn't this character also in Firewarrior?

Basically, I am looking for the order of the books between the Iron Warriors Omnibus and Ultramarines novels, as the leap between Enemy and Heraclitus makes no sense otherwise.

Thanks!

Jmaximum
01-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I am definitely missing stuff.
In 'Harvest of Skulls' it's pretty apparent that Honsou is no longer a Warsmith, and it sounds like he was evicted from Medrengard. Also, it really sounds like he is in the employ of Huron Blackheart, which is confusing because back in 'Enemy of My Enemy' the same warband that Honsous is running with stole his slaves.

Please point me at what books I need to read to fill in the blanks.

Thanks!

PS: Medrengard is mentioned a lot in 'Siege of Castellax'. I would love to see Honsou team up with Captain Rhodann.

Archon
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Perhaps you miss Dark Sky Pale Sun ...?! Its in a UM Omnibus. Its ties in after SoI.

Jmaximum
01-11-2013, 07:17 AM
I definitely did not read that. Is that in the UM Omnibus 1 or 2?

jimmehmaca
01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Well Dead sky black sun is in the 1st but there is more within the 2nd Omnibus

Fizzybubela
01-11-2013, 03:51 PM
If I were you I would get Angel Exterminatus as it has the characters in the Iron Warriors Omnibus in it.

Jmaximum
01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I think I read that in Treacheries of the Space Marines. Is there an entire book as well for Angel Exterminatus?

Fizzybubela
01-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Well if you want to know more about Kroeger, Forrix, Honsou and spoilers....... The Warsmith then buy Angel Exterminatus.

Jmaximum
01-13-2013, 06:57 AM
As i said, I think I read that in one of the compilation books (Treacheries of the Space Marines).
Is Angel Exterminatus sold separately now as its own book?

Fizzybubela
01-13-2013, 07:52 AM
As i said, I think I read that in one of the compilation books (Treacheries of the Space Marines).
Is Angel Exterminatus sold separately now as its own book?
It was released in November. It was never in Treacheries of the Space Marines to my knowledge. I assume you're thinking of Shadows of Treachery where some of the characters were in The Crimson Fist which was a novella in Shadows of treachery.

Jmaximum
01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
It was released in November. It was never in Treacheries of the Space Marines to my knowledge. I assume you're thinking of Shadows of Treachery where some of the characters were in The Crimson Fist which was a novella in Shadows of treachery.

I remember reading a story where the weapon was named the 'Angel Exterminatus'. It was some giant pylon on a Mechanicus asteroid.
Is it a stand alone story then?

Also, I would to see a timeline of how the Ultramarines stories interlace with the Iron Warriors.

Fizzybubela
01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Can't help you there as I don't have any of the Ultramarines novels. :(

jimmehmaca
01-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Having not read the Iron Warriors books I cant say but I know Honsou is on Medrengard and Captain Uriel Ventris is on his death oath in Dead sky black sun which is the last of the book in 1st Ultra Omnibus. Then I am sure it is the last book of the 2nd Omnibus that Honsou and Ventris face off again. Honsou coming off worse. I don't want to give it away unless you want to read the books. (I will look tonight when I am not in work for the name of the book)

Jmaximum
01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Having not read the Iron Warriors books I cant say but I know Honsou is on Medrengard and Captain Uriel Ventris is on his death oath in Dead sky black sun which is the last of the book in 1st Ultra Omnibus. Then I am sure it is the last book of the 2nd Omnibus that Honsou and Ventris face off again. Honsou coming off worse. I don't want to give it away unless you want to read the books. (I will look tonight when I am not in work for the name of the book)

No, i definitely do not want spoilers........actually, maybe I do, as the disjointedness of these stories is becoming infuriatingly frustrating.
basically, I just want to know that this will all make sense, because since I'm reading the Iron Warriors Omni first, everything seems discontinuous and haphazard, with no explanations within the story.

******************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

For example: How Honsou got the enigmatic silver arm from Ventris (and why would an Ultramarine be using alien tech in his arm????)
How Honsou got the bionic implant to replace his eye. When did he originally meet up with the Red Corsairs and take on the ex-Wolf Brother, ex-White Consul, and ex-Raven Guard? How did the Raven Guard get captured prior to "The Iron Without"? Where did the Newborn come from? What happened to the Newborn and Grendel at the end of "The Iron Without" because the next story, "The Beast of Calth" makes no mention of them. For that matter, what was it Honsou went to steal during "The Iron Without".
When/how did Honsou lose Gholan-han (or however you spell it), his fortress on Medrengard. Is Honsou even allowed back to Medrengard, or is Honsou now a Red Corsair himself?

What happened to Trooper Hawke at the end of 'Storm of Iron'. Will wee ever see him again?

And finally, (I know I've already asked a lot), but a recap of Angel Exterminatus, and in which book I can find the story.

Thanks!

Fizzybubela
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
No, i definitely do not want spoilers........actually, maybe I do, as the disjointedness of these stories is becoming infuriatingly frustrating.
basically, I just want to know that this will all make sense, because since I'm reading the Iron Warriors Omni first, everything seems discontinuous and haphazard, with no explanations within the story.

******************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

For example: How Honsou got the enigmatic silver arm from Ventris (and why would an Ultramarine be using alien tech in his arm????)
How Honsou got the bionic implant to replace his eye. When did he originally meet up with the Red Corsairs and take on the ex-Wolf Brother, ex-White Consul, and ex-Raven Guard? How did the Raven Guard get captured prior to "The Iron Without"? Where did the Newborn come from? What happened to the Newborn and Grendel at the end of "The Iron Without" because the next story, "The Beast of Calth" makes no mention of them. For that matter, what was it Honsou went to steal during "The Iron Without".
When/how did Honsou lose Gholan-han (or however you spell it), his fortress on Medrengard. Is Honsou even allowed back to Medrengard, or is Honsou now a Red Corsair himself?

What happened to Trooper Hawke at the end of 'Storm of Iron'. Will wee ever see him again?

And finally, (I know I've already asked a lot), but a recap of Angel Exterminatus, and in which book I can find the story.

Thanks!
Trooper Hawke is in Priests of Mars and I think Grendel is killed by Honsou in The Beast of Calth.

jimmehmaca
01-15-2013, 02:49 PM

Thanks!

******* Spoilers**************************************
The arm was not from Ventris but from Sgt Pasanius the arm got tainted by choas. Pasanius lost an arm before the death oath and some of the corruption fronm the blade that cut him was in his system and found its way into the arm. when they were on Medrengard doing they death oath Honsou removed Pasanius's bionic arm

Honsou got his bionic eye cos Ventris shot him in the head (I think it was Ventris I cant remember but someone shot him)
The ex loyalist marines and the new born are all described in Dead sky black sun.

The new born was killed in Chapter's Due

If any thing is wrong sorry its been a while since I read the Ultras books

That is all I know hope that helps a little

Jmaximum
01-16-2013, 09:04 PM
The arm was not from Ventris but from Sgt Pasanius the arm got tainted by choas. Pasanius lost an arm before the death oath and some of the corruption fronm the blade that cut him was in his system and found its way into the arm. when they were on Medrengard doing they death oath Honsou removed Pasanius's bionic arm

Honsou got his bionic eye cos Ventris shot him in the head (I think it was Ventris I cant remember but someone shot him)
The ex loyalist marines and the new born are all described in Dead sky black sun.

The new born was killed in Chapter's Due

If any thing is wrong sorry its been a while since I read the Ultras books

That is all I know hope that helps a little

It helps immensely, as now I know it will be explained.

Thank you very much!

Would still like the sources for Angel Exterminatus and Priests of Mars please.

mjasghar
01-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Calm down
Angel exterm is actually a Nobel and is set long long ago in the Horus heresy - many if the iron warriors featured in storm of iron are shown in their early life with foreshadowing of their future paths
Honsou doesn't appear but we get clues to where the geneseed used to make him a marine came from and so why he is called halfbreed
You really need to read the ultarine books as Honshu features from 3rd book onwards and obv if you want to know who these ultramarines are you need to know what's happened to them
Grendel died cos he gave up maintains his melta and it cooked him - this is in the iron warrior novella where we see how Honshu took the space station
Pasanius was injured by a metal space god and a bit of its metal got in the wound then took over his bionic
Wasn't it ventris who had the bionic? He gets shot by the unborn but the friendly magus fixes him a v nice new one
Priest of mars - basically hawke can't cope with what happened so he ended up a drunk and appears as a support character in the book tbh I didn't like the way he was regressed and it just seemed like the author needed a sneaky character and thought oh what about recycling hawke