PDA

View Full Version : Original Horus Heresy Board Game

charliemachina
01-09-2013, 07:34 AM
For Christmas my wife Diane bought me the Original Horus Heresy Boxed game the one that Fantasy Flight have recently re-imagined.

Here is what happened when myself and my friend Dave had our first game:

If I was the Emperor of mankind
and
Dave was Horus
the Siege if Terra would go as follows:

Sanguinus would be killed in the initial orbital bombardment
Jaghati Khan would be killed in the initial bombardment
Mortarion would be killed attempting an early assault on the walls of the Imperial Palace.
Magnus the Red would die leading his legions against the Imperial and Blood Angel forces holding the Lion's Gate Spaceport
Angron would be killed in the streets of the outer palace after attempting to lead his forces over the outer palace wall to effect a link up with the remaining Death Guard legion already in the Palace.
Rogan Dorn would die as Horus personally commanded overwelming forces swarming over the walls of the Imperial Fists Fortress Monastry.
and
Horus Lupercal once 1st amongst Primarchs would die leading from the font of his diabolic horde, gunned down by Adeptus Arbites defending the Eternity Gate and taking 100000000000 balls of buck shot to his privates.

If anyone has a White Scars Counter from this game (not a deployment counter, the one with numbers on) i'd love to have it, swap for it or trade for it as it's the only counter i'm missing.

Cheers

Charlie

Denzark
01-10-2013, 06:51 AM
I have this game, and still love it. You cannot have any pieces though!

I find that it is a betterer game if the Traitors don't drop directly onto the place first turn - it lasts longer.

There was also a White dwarf giveaway mini-game in this style, which is the assault on Horus' battle barge - can be added on as a fun aspect.

charliemachina
01-10-2013, 11:48 AM
We got to turn 3 and a lot had happened by that point.

We played the historical scenario and Dave got the maximum roll for traitor armies as well as having a brutally effective opening assault phase (see above) but I made him take horrible casualties for those gains he made. Dave was totally new to the game and I hadn't played it since I was 14 so I think are next game will be more tactical. It was full action from the start. I'm looking forward to giving the Traitors a go and having more free reign over the employment. I am planning to make full use of my 5 turns rather than being in such a rash to louse all my best troops.

I was only after the counter if someone had an incomplete set, I can fully understand not wanting to give any part of the game away.

I'd love to have a crack at Armageddon that looks awesome to.

Cheers

Charlie

ElectricPaladin
01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I have a copy of the new game. I cannot wait to try it out!

Gotthammer
01-10-2013, 12:34 PM
I'd love to have a crack at Armageddon that looks awesome to.

I've got all the rules, board and counter scans in .pdf format for Armageddon and the Chaos Attack expansion from when they were downloadable from GW's archive on my hard drive if you're interested.

@ Electric - it's good fun, though personally I think the spaceport victory is a little too early. I advise you to keep the 3d section board punch outs as they can serve as markers to stack guys on as they can get rather cramped on the physical sections.

Clewz
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM

I find that it is a betterer game if the Traitors don't drop directly onto the place first turn

I always used to do that haha. Straight in for kill

Denzark
01-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Its good if you try and do the historical - traitors take the space ports, and the assault on the palace is the final act...

Sainhann
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM

I also have this game and like Denzark can't give any of the pieces away.

charliemachina
01-12-2013, 04:40 AM
Gotthammer:

My E-mail address is [email protected], I'd love to have the PDF's for Armageddon and the Chaos Attack expansion if you willing.

Cheers

Charlie

Gotthammer
01-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Sent!