PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most powerful character in all WFB lore/history?

Captain Melons
01-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Who is the most powerful? The most cunning? The best looking?

Since this is not an easy question, I will break it down a bit. Who is the most powerful character in terms of combat prowess (be it magic, mounted, archery or meele) in the warhammer world that is alive at the present day, which is let's say around 2530, after the Storm of Chaos. I personally think Grimgor Ironhide is the best because he is an ork...... :) But in all seriousness I think it is a tie between Grimgor, Gotrek Gurnisson and Teclis.

The second part of the question is who is the most powerful character out of the all deceased characters in Warhammer lore and who is the most powerful out of both deceased and living? Again in terms of combat prowess.

The third part, list the best out of all magic, meele, mounted and archery users/warriors.

And finally the fourth part, which creature or non-mortal in past and present(not including undead) is the most powerful in terms of combat? Let the debate begin......

Brakkart
01-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Hmm the most powerful spellcaster is I'd say without a shadow of a doubt Caledor Dragontamer who built the Vortex at the heart of Ulthuan (and he continues to maintain it to the present day) which prevents Chaos from overwhelming the world. I'd say Nagash is a close second place.

In terms of combat then hands down winner has to be Aenarion when he had the Sword of Khaine in hand, the guy could (and did) slaughter whole armies of daemons singlehanded including multiple greater daemons.

Most powerful currently living I'd say is Teclis.

Wolfshade
01-09-2013, 05:18 AM
With the rules given for the White Dwarf, I would say him!

Wildeybeast
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Sigmar. Destroyed every enemy that came at him (including smashing Nagash in the face), united a people, founded a nation and rather than dying decided to become a god. He even managed to earn the eternal friendship and respect of the Dwarves!

Deadlift
01-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Nope, for me it's Gotrek, sure he maybe a lowly Dwarven Slayer but just what hasn't he killed ?
Snorri a close second, I maybe slightly biased as I do love the books.

Wildeybeast
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
For present day ones, how about Orion? He as close to immortal as you get outside the realm of Chaos.

FireHazard
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
In all areas, Nagash.

Ok, he's been killed, but he's been killed several times and keeps coming back for more. He's probably also the only sentient creature in the Old World to have successfully denied the Chaos Gods his tasty, tasty soul. Even the current most powerful undead beings are still afraid of him.

Tire Iron and Teflon the non-stick mage (I mean, of course, Tyrion and Teclis) are certainly front runners for the living category. I'm sure I read somewhere that Teclis was the most powerful mage since Nagash at the height of his powers. On a related note, Malekith is no slouch...

Slann mages, past and present should probably get a look in. You could even state a case for the Old Ones.

Gotrek of course should definitely be up in the top set of scrappers (ok, Snorri too. Snorri fell out of a gyrocopter once...) :)

Wildeybeast
01-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Sigmar has never been killed and is now a god. Definitely better than Nagash.

Alex the Everchosen
01-17-2013, 11:34 AM
How is it possible that Archaon hasn't been mentioned yet!?!?

Mr Mystery
02-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Because his name is the correct Reikspeil spelling for 'comlete and abject failure'?? :p

Has to be Nagash. He's utterly, utterly insane, and has the power to defeat Chaos on the Warhammer World, and there is seemingly nothing to stop him other than a lack of the fuel he needs. Oh, and his missing claw and crown. He's horrendous, and you just can't kill him!

White Tiger88
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
I would say that there is no "most" powerful and these guys are all pretty much evenly matched.....

-Mannfred von carstien (The guy is nutty powerful now in the fluff, I call him Nagash Jr)
-Nagash (Kinda but he keeps getting WTF pwned...)
-Neferata (Angry female queen anyone?)
-Malekith (Didn't he steal nagash's crown?)
-Morathi (Dark elf chaos blessed crazy woman!)

Oh wait we all forgot about

Valkia, a gods consort......ya safe to say she is going to take on everyone and win.

Learn2Eel
03-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Excuse me if this is an old thread, but I just woke up and thus time means nothing to me.

From a High Elf perspective, Tyrion and Teclis would definitely be right up there; the former is Aenarion reborn, the latter obliterated Malekith's physical form and is widely considered the most powerful living mage (he also taught the Empire the schools of magic). I think though that in a world like Fantasy, there is no single 'most powerful' - almost every faction/race has their own 'demi-god' warrior/mage.

kyfer
04-09-2013, 04:12 AM
How to start a war lol

But on a serious note, in background wise on the case of magic-casting badasses, even though he's technically not living, Arkhan the Black was the best of Nagash's posse, and whether his pulse is beating or not (it's not) he is still alive and kicking. Plus he has a kick-*** chariot.

In a combat sense, there are plenty of contenders. But anyone who kills Kholek Suneater in CC deserves the crown and undying admiration. Kholek literally is a man-mountain, or is that dragon-ogre-mountain?

angrybear
10-16-2013, 07:58 AM
For the dead I would say Kroak. But at the moment I think:

Strongest wizard: Lord Mazamundi by far with Teclis being second. According to the fluff first generations slann are practically gods and Mazamundi is the strongest second generation Slann. Banishing Malekith is a strong feet but moving continents is a whole different level.
Cunning: I would vote for Morathi but this is a close call.
Alround (melee and magic combined): Malekith or Archaon

alpharious
07-03-2014, 11:23 AM
bal'akor

MajorMcNicol
10-21-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm hoping we'll see some rules for Gilles le Breton - is he closer to Sigmar in power, or closer to the plain Green Knight?

Learn2Eel
11-03-2014, 03:49 AM
He was the founder of a nation, not a demi-god like Sigmar. He'd be more like an incredibly powerful and skilled Templar Grand Master than a demi-god like the new Karl Franz Ascendant rules indicate.

This thread will also prove very interesting in the coming months. Once all the End Times books are released, I think we might have a clear winner - or at least a good handful of candidates that stand head and shoulders above the rest. Currently, Karl Franz Ascendant and Nagash are easily at the top of the pile rules-wise, though fluff-wise I think Nagash would be the most powerful currently.

Captain Melons
11-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Indeed at the moment Nagash is most powerful overall. I think Karl Franz Acendant and Malekith Eternity King are on the same level now. But I have a feeling the upcoming End Times books will have super buffed Skaven (maybe Thanqoul turns into Horned Rat?), Orc/Goblin (Grimgor turns into avatar of Gork or Mork or both?), buffed Dwarf hero/king (maybe Gotrek becomes avatar of Grimnir?) and most likley a buffed Archaeon. All of these might be strong contenders for 'deadliest warrior' but we all know Grimgor will win, like he did in SoC ;)

Harbinger Rising
01-14-2015, 03:19 PM
I'd say Gotrek is the most powerful from a fluff/ Black Library perspective, his axe has chopped through Greater daemons, dragons, etc.

But with all the End Times guys going super-saiyan, it's hard to tell if he'd win any fights at all anymore.