PDA

View Full Version : Eldar List Attempt #3: Jump Around! 1500 Points of Jumping Terror

ElectricPaladin
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
What can I say? I like jump packs.

This is a list I could actually see myself playing... in about $150 worth of Eldar purchases, and not all of them top priorities. Nevertheless, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I think I'm honing in on the strengths, weaknesses, and playstyle of the Eldar codex.

HQ
• Farseer w/Runes of Warding, Jetbike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, 2 Powers

Troops
• 6 Guardian Jetbikes (2 Shuriken Cannons), Warlock w/Singing Spear, Embolden
• 10 Rangers
• 10 Rangers

Fast Attack
• 5 Singing Spears, Exarch w/Laser Lance, Hit and Run, Skilled Rider
• 10 Warp Spiders, Exarch w/x2 Deathspinners, Power Blades, Hit and Run
• 6 Shadow Spectres, Exarch w/Prism Blaster, Cynosure

This list would be fun to play. It would hit hard and fast. I've got anti-tank (shadow spectres) and anti-infantry (warp spiders), both of which can potentially deep strike to hit from unexpected angles. In a pinch, my shadow spectres can double as anti-infantry, thanks to the flexibility of their prism rifles. I've got rangers to camp distant objectives and guardians (with an emboldenlock to stop them running off the board) to race in and claim objectives that my elites have cleared. The closest thing I have to a strong melee unit is my shining spears, but their job is really to charge in and tie up important shooting units on my opponent's turn, then dance out and let my real hard-hitters take them out.

Most importantly, almost everything has a 2d6 move in the assault phase, which in a suitably terrain-filled board, would be hillarious.

What do you think?

Warpspider89
01-09-2013, 02:20 AM
What can I say? I like jump packs.

This is a list I could actually see myself playing... in about $150 worth of Eldar purchases, and not all of them top priorities. Nevertheless, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I think I'm honing in on the strengths, weaknesses, and playstyle of the Eldar codex.

HQ
• Farseer w/Runes of Warding, Jetbike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, 2 Powers

Troops
• 6 Guardian Jetbikes (2 Shuriken Cannons), Warlock w/Singing Spear, Embolden
• 10 Rangers
• 10 Rangers

Fast Attack
• 5 Singing Spears, Exarch w/Laser Lance, Hit and Run, Skilled Rider
• 10 Warp Spiders, Exarch w/x2 Deathspinners, Power Blades, Hit and Run
• 6 Shadow Spectres, Exarch w/Prism Blaster, Cynosure

This list would be fun to play. It would hit hard and fast. I've got anti-tank (shadow spectres) and anti-infantry (warp spiders), both of which can potentially deep strike to hit from unexpected angles. In a pinch, my shadow spectres can double as anti-infantry, thanks to the flexibility of their prism rifles. I've got rangers to camp distant objectives and guardians (with an emboldenlock to stop them running off the board) to race in and claim objectives that my elites have cleared. The closest thing I have to a strong melee unit is my shining spears, but their job is really to charge in and tie up important shooting units on my opponent's turn, then dance out and let my real hard-hitters take them out.

Most importantly, almost everything has a 2d6 move in the assault phase, which in a suitably terrain-filled board, would be hillarious.

What do you think?

I think you'll similarly find that, just as shadow spectres could be anti-infantry in a pinch, the spiders can be anti-tank in a pinch.

I link the list. It has character!

ElectricPaladin
01-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I think you'll similarly find that, just as shadow spectres could be anti-infantry in a pinch, the spiders can be anti-tank in a pinch.

I link the list. It has character!

Thanks!

It's definitely a list I'll play once I have the models for it, and I almost do... all I need is one more jetlock (high priority - I want to build a jetseer council), two more shining spears (medium priority), and a full set of death spectres (ASA freaking P... those models are awesome). I'll come back and post about it once I do.

Though, in practice, I'd have to expand this list to 1850 to play in my local meta. I guess I'd start with the pathfinder upgrade to my rangers, and from there... not sure.