PDA

View Full Version : GW GT Throne of Skulls Heat 1 Results

Denzark
10-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey chaps

Just got back from Warhammer World yesterday. I took part in Throne of Skulls Heat 1. 150 players, including from Spain and Iceland, so my first international tournament.

I thought you might like to get the breakdown of top 10 placed armies as that always seems to generate some discussion. I came 91st with Chaos Marines - quite pleased and learnt a lot, losing to Orks (not played against since 2ed!) Tau (lucky for them turn 5 was the end because my Berzerkers were in their face) and Chaos Daemons - I would have won turn 5, drawn turn 6 and lost end of turn 7.

Top 10:

1: Space Marines
2: Imperial Guard
3: Space marines
4: Orks
5: Eldar
6: Chaos Daemons
7. Chaos Daemons
8: Eldar
9: Eldar
10: Chaos Marines.

of note there were some nasty builds - even an 18 crusher list. Yes there was at least one Dark Eldar, even some nice painted Necrons. Lots of Valkyrie Spam and even some hydra death.

Hope this is of interest.

Duke
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Just Curious, what build did the winning Space Marine player run?

Duke

Denzark
10-19-2009, 03:38 PM
LOL sorry no idea I never got near enough to the top tables to notice!

Darkseer
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I came 56th!
loss, draw, win, win, loss, win

batreps will be on my Tau blog (http://warhammer-tau-army.blogspot.com/) as and when...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/AMBSphotobucket/4.jpg

Denzark
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
DarkSeer! I knew I clocked your army on BoLS! god work on 56th - only 11 out of qualifying hard luck.

Col.Gravis
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Just Curious, what build did the winning Space Marine player run?

Duke

I've heard it mentioned that it included 2 Landraiders with IIRC Assault Terminators and 2 Tactical Squads in Rhino's, I'm sure there was something else though.

May be of interest that the CSM list that placed 10th was a Khorne force, no lashes to be found also.

Only 4 Guard qualified which is a little bit of a surprise, I'm off to Heat 3 at the end of November so will be interesting to see how the new Space Wolf Codex changes the mix.

Darkseer
10-19-2009, 11:50 PM
May be of interest that the CSM list that placed 10th was a Khorne force, no lashes to be found also.

I had to face that in round 1.
He drove straight at me while passing every cover save and armour save under the sun. I didn't get a single kill.

prince with wing, mark of khorne
termies with combie weapons, heavy flamer and chainfist
bezerkers with champ and icon
bezerkers with champ and icon
daemons
daemons
Land Raider
Land Raider
Rhino

Aldramelech
10-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Orks 4th?

See they are competitive! lol

Lord Azaghul
10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
I just think its funny only 1 guard player in the top ten...especially after all that 'the end is nigh' crap that was rolling around here.

Better players will almost always do better reguardless of there army (unless you play fantasy)

DarkLink
10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I came 56th!
loss, draw, win, win, loss, win

batreps will be on my Tau blog (http://warhammer-tau-army.blogspot.com/) as and when...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/AMBSphotobucket/4.jpg

Hey, you stole my color scheme:eek:

Back when I played tau I had the same dark green and brown main colors, with vomit brown highlights. Of course, back then I wasn't as good of a painter, so the army didn't look as clean as yours does.

Darkseer
10-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Vomit brown :rolleyes: Peh-lease!

BuFFo
10-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I just think its funny only 1 guard player in the top ten...especially after all that 'the end is nigh' crap that was rolling around here.

Better players will almost always do better reguardless of there army (unless you play fantasy)

I doubt all of that IG's opponents went second, and weren't stupid enough to not stay in reserve...

Hey Denzark, sorry for not getting your IM asking for help. I haven't been on this board in weeks. Many apologies!!!

Denzark
10-23-2009, 07:09 AM
No worries fella thanks anyway