PDA

View Full Version : Release your inner child/petrolhead!

dark messenger
01-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Hi there.

I know this is just going to sound silly to a lot of you, but I came across an old photo on the computer and fell in love. Just like that.
As a kid, I used to watch Biker Mice from Mars. Vinnie's red superbike was always the one which got my heart pumping. Ever since I have wanted to find and ride a motorcycle just like that one.
This was the closest thing my fevered mind could find.

http://www.autoevolution.com/mengine/ducati-supermono-1993-550.html

Guuhhhhhuuuhhhuhhhhh.... *droolz*
Now this to me is borderline prawn (yes to spare the little kiddies) coz that little motor is just plain naughty....

I want to ask you all, are there any vehicles out there which have/had the same effect on you?
You look at it and you've just always wanted one - even if always is only the length of time it's been in your eyeline?
Post here if you will? Pander, just once, to your inner child ;)

Psychosplodge
01-03-2013, 02:37 AM
It's missing two wheels and a roof :D

I'm too big for a sports bike, but a big harley style cruiser would be nice.

Wolfshade
01-03-2013, 02:56 AM
A bike with an engine, now that's just not cricket!

Mr Mystery
01-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Yes.

Let's staddle and engine and hold on for dear life! And don't forget to keep the fuel tank as close as possible to your testes!

No ta!

Denzark
01-03-2013, 07:48 AM
There's a reason some British nurses refer to motorbike riders as 'donor cards'...

Psychosplodge
01-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Yes.

Let's staddle and engine and hold on for dear life! And don't forget to keep the fuel tank as close as possible to your testes!

No ta!

I never considered it like that, suddenly I've lost interest...

Mr Mystery
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Mr Mystery's Magnificent Literal Mind to the rescue!

Like Skiiing - Strapping a plank to each foot, holding a couple of sticks and playing 'dodge the tree'.

No ta!

Psychosplodge
01-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Skiing's too much like exercise anyway.

Wolfshade
01-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Keeps them warm on a winters night

Psychosplodge
01-03-2013, 08:00 AM
The testes or the feet?

Wolfshade
01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Balls

Deadlift
01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I used to have an M3, I also had a Bandit 1200 and after that a Hayabusa. But then along came the kiddies and "fun" modes of transport went out the window. Now it's a 7 seater Citreon :(. Sure it's big and comfy but fun to drive, not really.

One day, I will get a something fun to ride / drive again. Triumph Rocket 3 might be more my style now ;)

Mr Mystery
01-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Still don't fancy the risk of blasting my bollocks up a tree if it all goes Pete tong!

dark messenger
01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Seeing a lot of negativity here... I'd have thought everyone had at least one vehicle they saw growing up and wanted something "cool like that"
Guess I was wrong.

On a side note - http://www.trendygadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/airwolf-replica.jpg

Coz when I heard that music and saw that bad@ss helicopter, you know I was glued to the TV! Always wanted to have it - never knew what model it was (even now, no clue) :D

Godless Zealot
01-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Seeing a lot of negativity here... I'd have thought everyone had at least one vehicle they saw growing up and wanted something "cool like that"
Guess I was wrong.

On a side note - http://www.trendygadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/airwolf-replica.jpg

Coz when I heard that music and saw that bad@ss helicopter, you know I was glued to the TV! Always wanted to have it - never knew what model it was (even now, no clue) :D

Regarding helicopters and admiring vehicles as a youngster I always had a slight obsession with Apache gunships. :o I would of liked one of those, probably because I spent too much time playing Desert Strike.

Deadlift
01-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Still don't fancy the risk of blasting my bollocks up a tree if it all goes Pete tong!

To be honest, most riders are really quite sensible, the real danger to bikers is not themselves, it's bloody OAPs who have no right to be driving anymore because they are all so doddery and lack any sense of what's going around outside the car they are driving. The old ****ers are quite capable of turning into you without any warning at all. That and rain + diesel on the roads is also lethal.

Back to dream motors as a kid though, Porsche 911 RS3. Striped out road legal racer, I love that car and it will always be my favourite. Jaguar XJ220 was another one :)

dark messenger
01-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Oh yes! The Porsche 911's are so nice.
My father and his brother both wanted the old GT Turbo model, and daddy dearest passed that dream down to me coz I would love to buy one before I get too old and come to my senses :D
Well, either that or I'd like to drive a Baneblade... or the Batmobile. I'm honestly not fussed. ;)

Is there nobody who ever wanted any kind of boat?

Psychosplodge
01-04-2013, 02:34 AM
I've driven several boats, they're boring, plus they're on water *shudder*

I always wanted a Toyota MR2 mk1. Yeah not supercar esque, but I always thought they look cool. Not a big fan of the 911, don't like the shape tbh.
I think Deadlift does sum up the bike problem quite well, it doesn't matter how well you're riding if some arsehole who can't drive correctly gets you.

Deadlift
01-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Oh yes! The Porsche 911's are so nice.
My father and his brother both wanted the old GT Turbo model, and daddy dearest passed that dream down to me coz I would love to buy one before I get too old and come to my senses :D
Well, either that or I'd like to drive a Baneblade... or the Batmobile. I'm honestly not fussed. ;)

Is there nobody who ever wanted any kind of boat?

Boris Becker had a Porsche 959 when he was 19, it was his 1st car.

As for boats, years ago my Grand Father had a Princess. Good for cruising Torquay to Dartmouth in especially around regatta time. Unfortunately with the price of fuel nowadays boats unless of the boring sailing type are just too expensive to have fun in.

Wolfshade
01-04-2013, 02:49 AM
I always wanted a Toyota MR2 mk1. Yeah not supercar esque, but I always thought they look cool.
I think I can help you with that, a friend of mine is trying to sell his, it is cherry red.

I think Deadlift does sum up the bike problem quite well, it doesn't matter how well you're riding if some arsehole who can't drive correctly gets you.
I think that problem can be extended to any not just bikes, though those not in metal boxes are always going to come off worse.

Psychosplodge
01-04-2013, 03:10 AM
lol thanks but I can't justify running two cars, and there's no where to park another car :(
but they're lovely cars, and apparently very fun.

Wolfshade
01-04-2013, 03:44 AM
My brother-in-law drives round a Nissan 390z when he gets to drive his own car, and that is good fun :)

I did my bike training then ran out of money for my bike :)

Psychosplodge
01-04-2013, 04:09 AM
There's always been something that gets in the way when I've been looking at getting a bike licence.

dark messenger
01-04-2013, 06:40 PM
A frowning law magistrate?
A police officer in riot gear?
The hatred of seeing your own mug in laminate?

Any of them usually stops me :D

Lord Tothe
01-04-2013, 07:15 PM
2005/2006 Ford GT
Saturn Sky
Lotus Elise
1988/1989 Toyota MR2
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 440 6BBL

scadugenga
01-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Hmm..the fanciful, but not (with one exception) decently reproduced? Kaneda's bike from Akira.

The realistic?

Either a 1968 Shelby Mustang, or the 1969 Mach I Mustang with the 428 Cobra Jet engine. Dream cars. One day...

Psychosplodge
01-05-2013, 07:10 AM
A frowning law magistrate?
A police officer in riot gear?
The hatred of seeing your own mug in laminate?

Any of them usually stops me :D

No as in a holiday, or weekend away that eats money...