PDA

View Full Version : Eldar List Attempt #2: 1500 Pts, Mechanized

ElectricPaladin
01-02-2013, 01:45 AM
This is part two of my effort to learn Eldar by making lists. Again, this list is far from perfect: I had to pour a lot of points into the Farseer, only to realize that once I take a useless power away from the scorpions, I'm still 27 points below. However, I think it gave me some useful experience playing with the Eldar codex, and I'm curious to read what you think of it.

This one is a mechanized list. In general, a real list I'd actually build to will probably look more like this (though I do like the idea of those jetbikes...). I get bored of painting only infantry and like to throw some tanks in there as well, and this list would let me do just that.

HQ
• Farseer w/Runes of Warding and Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear, 3 Powers

Elites
• 5 Striking Scorpions, Exarch w/Scorpion Chainblade, Scorpion's Claw

Troops
• 10 Dire Avengers, Exarch w/2 Catapualts, Bladestorm, Defend in a Waveserpent w/Scatter Lasers
• 10 Dire Avengers, Exarch w/2 Catapualts, Bladestorm, Defend in a Waveserpent w/Scatter Lasers
• 10 Guardians, Heavy Weapons Platform w/Bright Lance, Warlock w/1 Power, in a Waveserpent w/Scatter Lasers

Fast Attack
• 10 Warp Spiders, Exarch w/2 Death Spinners, Powerblades

Heavy Support
• Falcon w/Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon

The idea here is that the farseer rides with the scorpions and takes out heavier targets, with the help of the falcon. The dire avengers are more multipurpose, while the guardians look for a good vantage point to shoot at things with their heavy weapon. The warp spiders are here because it's always good to have something that I can drop behind enemy lines and use to clear objectives. Also, they make a good anvil to the scorpions' hammer.

Lost Vyper
01-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Yes, itīs me again :) No point in having a 5 man Scorpion unit, drop it. tlBLīs on the WSīs and War Walkers over the Falcon. And the Defend again, no need for that. If you got the points, drop the Guardians and get Pathfinders (unless you are playing against very mechanized lists).

ElectricPaladin
01-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, itīs me again :) No point in having a 5 man Scorpion unit, drop it. tlBLīs on the WSīs and War Walkers over the Falcon. And the Defend again, no need for that. If you got the points, drop the Guardians and get Pathfinders (unless you are playing against very mechanized lists).

If I were to drop the scorpions and the falcon, where would you recommend the farseer go? I guess, alternately, I could arrange the list to use the shining spears and jetbike farseer alongside the mechanized army. Would that work?

ElectricPaladin
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
For example, what about something more like this:

HQ
• Farseer w/Runes of Warding & Witnessing, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Jetbike

Troops
• 10 Dire Avengers, Exarch w/Two Catapaults, Bladestorm
° Waveserpent w/Scatter Lasers
• 10 Dire Avengers, Exarch w/Two Catapaults, Bladestorm
° Waveserpent w/Scatter Lasers
• 10 Rangers (Pathfinders)

Fast Attack
• 5 Shining Spears, Exarch w/Star Lance, Hit and Run

Heavy Support
• Fire Prism w/Holo Fields, Shuriken Cannon
• Fire Prism w/Holo Fields, Shuriken Cannon

I've got a lot of waveserpent chassis on the table, two of them carrying pretty tasty squads of dire avengers, two of them fire prisms... I don't actually have any of those in the army I'm buying, but they look like fun, and all I'd need to buy is new turrets. My foot elements are all fast enough to get where I want them (farseer and shining spears) or can infiltrate or outflank (rangers).

Lost Vyper
01-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Looking better, still prefer War Walkers over anything, so i might be a bit bias here :) and i hope, you don't come across any Landraiders or AV14 vehicles...tlBL on one WS would be a saving grace...

Warpspider89
01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Troops

If you are going to take defend on DAs so that they can survive a round of CC then go all out and get the exarch with a shimmer shield. Then you'll be about as well off as termies at withstanding power fists (if not better!).

Anggul
01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Shining Spears are pretty poor and Holo-fields are a bit pointless due to Hull Points. You can generally put a Farseer with a squad on foot without being in too much danger, so don't be afraid to do it.