PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt - Fluff Emperors Children

Eberk
01-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I'm busy creating a 1000 points Emperors Children list and I like to keep it in line with the 'fluff' history (thus no marks of Khorne or Berzerkers :) ) and also a little bit 'all round' so as to take on different opponents.

I post it here because I am not really happy with the 'armour busting' capabilities of my 1000pt. list and I want to hear your opinions/advice as to how to increase on that point while at the same time keep it fluffy enough.

So here is the list:

HQ
-Chaos Lord + power sword, melta bombs, MoS & VotLW
-Sorcerer + MoS & VotLW

Troops
-6 Noise Marines + change boltgun in ccw, power sword, doom siren, melta bombs & VotLW
riding in a Chaos Rhino + dirge caster
-6 Noise Marines + 6 sonic blasters & VotLW
-6 Noise Marines + 6 sonic blasters & VotLW

Fast Attack
-3 Chaos Bikers + MoS & VotLW

Heavy Support
-6 Havocs + missile launcher, flakk missiles, 2 autocannons, MoS & VotLW
-Chaos Vindicator

This is just 1000 points...

ready for your input/advice/opinions

Anggul
01-01-2013, 07:58 AM
You're spending far too many points on VotLW, none of your squads are making much use of it at all, not even the close combat squad as they're Fearless anyway, so all they're really gaining is Hatred: Space Marines. The bikers would, but as there are only 3 of them and they don't even have any special weapons, they're just going to die without accomplishing much at all. Give them Plasmaguns or Meltaguns and you have yourself some anti-vehicle and also you would be giving them a purpose. Bumping them up to 5-man wouldn't hurt either, or even better get two squads of 6 with special weapons for more anti-vehicle. Drop MoS on the Havocs, it's pointless as they aren't likely to do anything in close combat anyway, they're a fire support squad. One Flakk Missile Launcher really isn't going to do anything to a flyer, you're better off giving the squad the max 4 Autocannons. Also in 1k, a second HQ is a bit much despite being so cheap.

VotLW doesn't really make your army any more fluffy, it's just writing on your army list taking up points for nothing particularly noticeable.

So in review: Drop VotLW except for maybe the Bikers as the Noise Marines are Fearless anyway and the Havocs won't make much use of it either, get the Bikers a couple of special weapons for taking out vehicles and most other things too, give the Havocs the full 4 Autocannons and drop their Mark of Slaanesh. I would also suggest waiting until at least 1500 before adding in a second HQ, so perhaps leave the Sorcerer behind for now.