PDA

View Full Version : No more FW books in store.

Mr Mystery
12-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Just something I forgot to mention a couple of weeks ago.

Seems GW stores are no longer receiving FW books into stock.

Now, this is certainly true in my local, which is a two man store, and it may not apply to larger stores. But just in case, if you've been eyeing one on the shelf, might be best to grab it while you can!

News/Rumour is of course pending your verfication!

Houghten
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah, this has been the case for a fair while more than a couple of weeks... there's no "Imperial Armour" section under "Books" on the website any more either, so you can't get an order of them delivered to your local store.

tkdarktrooper
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
With the advent of 6th edition and the allowance for Forgeworld Models in normal games, wouldn't it make sense for GW to continue to sell the FW books in their stores?

Fizzybubela
01-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I haven't been to my local GW in a while so I don't know if they still stock some Forge World books.

Xenith
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
There was a rumour a while go about GW stocking FW products in-store. This would seem to go against that. My local still ahs some IA books, when did they stop supplying them?

Mr Mystery
01-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Not sure.

Local store had a quick refit, and the IA books were moved from the BL section. Having asked where they were, was shown, and told the info in my original post.

This may be a single case, but as GW have centrally determined stock levels, seems likely that at least the smaller stores won't be getting restocked with them. May also be UK/Europe only.

Lukas The Trickster
01-01-2013, 03:56 PM
I haven't been to my local GW in a while so I don't know if they still stock some Forge World books.

Me too, the last model I bought from my local GW was the 25th anniversary Crimson Fist :o For me now its all about the resin crack ;)

Fizzybubela
01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Me too, the last model I bought from my local GW was the 25th anniversary Crimson Fist :o For me now its all about the resin crack ;)

Same here, mine is the Maidenhead store. Last time I went was with my friend after seeing The Hobbit. I always pop in with my friend as he goes to university now so he doesn't get a chance to go to his local GW.

Lukas The Trickster
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Same here, mine is the Maidenhead store. Last time I went was with my friend after seeing The Hobbit. I always pop in with my friend as he goes to university now so he doesn't get a chance to go to his local GW.

I've never been to the Maidenhead store - I'm often over that way with work and have thought about popping in there, I've got a bit fed up with the one in Wycombe lately. Do you get down there for veterans night, do they have such a thing? ;)

hisdudeness
01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
FW in store has been stopped for a few months now in the States. The reason is that the margin on FW items makes them not worth stocking. With the shrinking of store floor space further pushed them out.

Fizzybubela
01-02-2013, 05:19 AM
I've never been to the Maidenhead store - I'm often over that way with work and have thought about popping in there, I've got a bit fed up with the one in Wycombe lately. Do you get down there for veterans night, do they have such a thing? ;)

They close at 9PM on Thursdays which is sort of Veterans Night. I never go in anymore because A) I don't game there and B) I don't need to go there.

RGilbert26
01-02-2013, 05:32 AM
There have always been rumours of GW wanting to put FW stuff in it's Stores, problem is the stuff would sell out so quickly that they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand (FW producing it and GW sending stuff out to stores). Also there's the fact that each store has a limited shelf space and so other ranges would have to be shrinked in order to fit FW onto shelves.

I spoke to my local manager the other day, suggesting that it was due to GW stores not selling FW stuff instore but he said they haven't told them and so he hasn't a clue.

jonsgot
01-02-2013, 07:54 AM
I asked for the 30k book 1 in the Birmingham UK store the other day. They didn't have any, I was also told they only get a limited number of copies of FW books, when a new title is released and can't re-order once they have sold out.

Mr Mystery
01-04-2013, 05:05 AM
I asked for the 30k book 1 in the Birmingham UK store the other day. They didn't have any, I was also told they only get a limited number of copies of FW books, when a new title is released and can't re-order once they have sold out.

Could be how it's going to be from now...